Acegoals Integrated Solutions Hiring IT Officer
Job Title: IT Officer
Job type: FULL Term, with an initial period of 6 months paid probation Estimated Start Date: July 1 or latest by August 1, 2017.
About the Committee of Vice-Chancellors of Nigerian Universities
- The Committee of Vice-Chancellors of Nigerian Universities (CVCNU), which is synonymous with the Association of Vice-chancellors of Nigerian Universities (AVCNU) is a body comprising Vice-Chancellors of Nigerian Federal, State and Private Universities (152 membership as of date). Formed in 1962 by the VCs of the then first 5 universities, it was intended to fulfill the need to bring Vice-Chancellors together to present a united front in addressing the challenges facing university education in the country.
- The organization has largely lived up to this expectation by advocating vigorously for good governance and financial probity, adoption of best practices, and sustaining extant academic cultures of the ivory tower that universities are. The body organizes development and capacity building trainings for members and senior management team in the Nigerian university system, and as well, work closely with all relevant cognate MDAs and international partners and agencies.
- The body is also active through her annual conferences and regular workshops, policy dialogues and higher education summits designed to provide strategic basis for responding to local, national, regional and global issues on higher education. This global profile requires the best in corporate management ethics and standards, and that is what is expected of all staff of the CVCNU.
Responsibilities The specific aims, objectives, and functions of the committee include:
- Providing a focus of academic leadership through bold initiatives in higher Education in the country with particular reference to the roles of universities
- Acting as a channel through which the Joint opinion of Nigerian Universities on any matter affecting higher education in Nigeria is expressed.
- Studying, commenting on and making recommendations on proposals, legislation regulations or rules affecting universities in Nigeria
- Acting as a bureau of information and facilitate communication and mutual consultation among the universities
- Cooperating with organizations having similar aims and objectives on University education in Nigeria and to protect generally the interest of Nigerian Universities
- Organizing, sponsoring or promoting conferences, seminars, workshops, lectures, colloquial and symposia on higher education particularly in Nigeria.
- Providing a platform for discussing common problems such as inter University cooperation , administrative and academic practices, maintenance of academic standards , staff recruitment, physical exchange and student affairs
- Serving as a forum for collaboration with the National Universities Commission (NUC) and federal Government on matters concerning University education
- Doing all such other lawful things as are necessary for the attainment and furtherance of these objectives
Required Qualifications and Experience Qualifications:
- A graduate with certified IT skills, not necessarily in computer science. Masters degree will be an advantage.
- 3 years cognate experience (Minimum)
- Capability in developing IT solutions to aid administration, research and documentation higher institutions and allied establishments
- Good communication/research skills for managing internal and external information dissemination via the web, blog, and CVC newsletters on a day to day basis.
- Social media and corporate image management skills.
Application Closing Date 21st June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: email@example.com