Administrative Accountant Job At Black Group Consulting
Job Title: Administrative Accountant
- Assist in the finance and budget activities of the office including assisting in preparation of annual budget submission and revisions by estimating the cost of staff as well as rental and utilities, office equipment and supplies, printing, and other contracts, services or running expenses, to include in the budget.
- Verify all expense claims to certify correctness and ensure that all appropriate supporting documents have been provided.
- Upon request, extracts monthly financial reports of all active projects from the accounting/financial system.
- Ensuring that all cash and cheque payment requests are duly completed, certified and approved by authorized staff and all necessary supporting documents are provided before payment is done.
- Performing treasury transactions in the accounting, monitoring the documentation and assuring its completeness in compliance with the company’s accounting procedures.
- Maintaining filing system for vouchers and all financial instructions/guidelines issued and filing system and ensuring the documentation is regularly updated
- General management of the office; ensure regular supply of power, water; ensure timely supply and adequacy of office supplies e.g. stationery, ink, paper; proper maintenance and safety of office.
- Proper maintenance of office files including client, accounting and contract files (ease of retrieving information).
- Oversees the operation of office accounts, planning and monitoring of expenditure, liaising with vendors (obtain best pricing for good quality at all times)
- University degree from an accredited academic institution in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Three years of relevant experience in similar role.
- Experience in an office Admin. Role.
- Good understanding of accounting principles including accrual accounting, reconciliations, general ledger journals and preparedness to learn more complex principles
- Proficient in the use of Peachtree/SAGE Accounts Plus
- A high level of knowledge and competency in Microsoft Office especially Word, Excel and Publisher
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Outlook
- Confidence with the use of computer networks.
- Applicant must be in 23-28 years of age.
Application Closing Date 7th October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Administrative Accountant” as the subject of the mail.