AFENET Hiring Electronic Data Collection Template Developer
Job Title: Electronic Data Collection Template Developer Duration: 4 months
Key Responsibilities The responsibilities of the Electronic Data Collection Template Development Consultant are:
- Design and construct a database for the LAGAIS project including ODK collect and aggregate
- Ensure accurate imputing of data received from various sources and partners into ODK aggregate server
- Perform data analysis by producing graphs , charts etc as directed by Project Manager
- Maintain and further develop the structure or format of the database as required, incorporating ideas and amendments from the LAGAIS project.
- Train LAGAIS project participants on the use of ODK tool
- Develop and maintain documentation database/design documentation on operating manual on how to use the ODK tool, aggregate server (database) for the LAGAIS project
- Work with the IT team to develop and maintain a web interface for the database, in consultation with the Project Manager and stakeholders
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all aspects of the work
- Undertake any other job assigned by AFENET on LAGAIS project.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Personal Characteristics
- University degree in health/social/behavioral sciences, economics, statistics, with special focus or experience in data management, epidemiology, public health or other related field, or First University degree with three additional years of related work experience.
- Minimum of three years of progressive work experience in data management, field data collection activities, with practical experience in data supervision, performance management skills/experience, skills in handling large datasets.
- Good data monitoring background and experience including analysis and triangulation of qualitative and quantitative data, primary and secondary datasets.
- Excellent skills in using different data management and presentation software (Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint Presentations, etc.,). Experience with web-based applications is desired.
- Skills in using different data visualization tools is a plus
- Knowledge of GIS software, ODK, CSPRO or any other relevant technology platforms for data collection and analysis.
- Good understanding of HIV/AIDS indicators surveys or any other large scale health survey.
- Willingness to up-skill as required by the tasks to be performed.
- Good communication skills.
- A good team player who is willing to take on responsibility.
- Innovative and possessing a positive attitude to change.
- Experience in intercultural working environment
Application Closing Date 7th July, 2017.
How to Apply
- Candidates should indicate the appropriate position in their application letter. AFENET is an equal opportunity employer.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.