Associate Director, Clinical Services At The Centre For Integrated Health Programs (CIHP)
The Centre for Integrated Health Programs (CIHP) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization established to promote better health outcomes for all Nigerians through creation of strong and sustainable health systems. The organization evolved from Columbia University’s International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs (ICAP) in 2011 and has continued to support family-focused, comprehensive high-quality, HIV/AIDS care and treatment activities in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Director, Clinical Services
Code: CSU-02 Unit: Clinical Services
- The incumbent will provide strategic direction for the implementation of various health interventions including comprehensive HIV care and treatment services.
- S/he will be report to the Director, Clinical Services and will be responsible for technical/clinical care and management aspects of current and future program activities.
- Supervise sector managers (MCH, HIV/AIDS, RH, etc.) and provide assistance to successfully implement current programs, ensure consistency with strategic and annual plans, and further develop and integrate these sectors where appropriate.
- Review program/project narrative and related financial reports submitted by program managers.
- Serve as a resource in the evaluation of ongoing programs and in subsequent development of new and/or expanded programs for the care and treatment of HIV/AIDS; specifically leads development and/or updating of departmental standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A Degree in Medicine and Post-graduate Degree in Public Health.
- In addition, the post holder must possess 8 years’ experience of running/implementing public health programs preferably in the NGO context.
- A very good understanding and working knowledge of the health and HIV program priorities; Substantial experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and securing and managing grants (e.g., USAID, CDC/PEPFAR and other grant funders).
- Previous experience of managing and developing a team and the ability to lead, motivate and develop others; excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
Candidates are expected to possess:
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, with high impact influencing and persuasive skills and able to represent the organization to donors and partners
- Good experience of using Ms. Word, Excel or applicable software related to position
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Application Closing Date 20th September, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and a suitability statement of not more than 200 words as a Microsoft Word attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the email should be the JOB CODE and the applicant’s FULL NAME e.g. MSS-02 – John Bull.Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.