Community Supervisor Job At Save the Children Nigeria
Job Title: Community Supervisor Introduction
- Save the Children International is a ‘dual mandate’ organisation and as such equal priority will be given to both humanitarian and development work.
- This is the only way we will be able to ensure that some of the fundamental rights that we believe children have, such as survival, safety and constant access to protection and education can be guaranteed.
- As part of a commitment to work with children through humanitarian interventions Save the Children will support programmes in both sudden onset and chronic emergency situations.
- To support implementation of Nutrition component under FFP project in Borno.
Main Responsibilities Program Management:
- Working closely with the Nutrition Program Assistant ensure the identification of Lead mothers in the FFP-Nutrition communities
- Supervise the formation of support group and other activities of support group in the communities.
- Ensure the planning and implementation of Food demonstration in the community.
- Participate in data validation from the lead mothers in the community.
- Ensure that support group in the community are functioning effectively.
- Supervise the MUAC screening activities which include but not limited to MUAC screening, Spot checks, supportive supervision, referral of SAM cases home visiting and follow up
- Conduct NEED assessment, situation analysis, high risk analysis and risk operation plan towards the selection of Communities for outreach/mobile OTP services
- Planning and implementation of outreach services.
- Ensure effective and timely collection of results and data of all activities within his/her jurisdiction.
- Conduct baseline survey for selected beneficiaries using structured questionnaire on kobo platform.
- Sensitize selected vendor on the program specially the E-voucher system and involvement in the program.
- Ensure both the beneficiaries and vendors are assisted during voucher transfer transactions.
- Conduct monthly market monitoring across markets in Maiduguri from traders both program and non-program vendors.
- Conduct post distribution monitoring from sample of beneficiaries after voucher transfer.
Representation and Communication:
- Conduct community sensitization and mobilization with regards to FFP voucher program.
- Ensure community leaders and formed committees are sensitized on voucher system and entitlement from the program.
- Ensure community leaders are briefed about the program and expectation.
- Work with community leaders to establish communities in collaboration with IDP/Community leadership.
- Sensitization of leadership structures (community committees) formed on program objective, beneficiary targeting, and selection and eligibility criteria.
- Work alongside community leaders and committees to identify beneficiaries, who will be registered and enrolled on the program using structured form on kobo.
- Any other duties that may be duties assigned
- Identify learning and training opportunities for Field Assistant and Community and communicate this to the Nutrition Program Assistant or Nutrition Program Officers.
Representation & Advocacy & Organisational Learning:
- Ensure that Save the Children’s work is coordinated with efforts of other agencies and Government, and support Interagency Coordination forums, advocating for the specific needs of children. This may involve supporting coordination working groups within the IDP camps and host communities or target project sites.
- Contribute to communications and media work as required through correction of data and information and sharing with the project heads
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Experience Essential
- Diploma in Health or health related course
- Proven capacity of management, leadership and teamwork
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathise with all beneficiaries and their carers
- Knowledge of Local environment
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment
- Ability and willingness to frequently stay at the field
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
- Fluency in written and spoken English and local languages
Application Closing Date 20th July, 2017.