Deputy Team Lead Vacancy At Creative Associates International
Job Title: Deputy Team Lead
Requisition Number: 17-0271
- Working in Abuja, Nigeria, the Deputy Team Lead will be responsible for overseeing strategic and day-to-day implementation of Creative’s anti-corruption program.
- S/he will provide supervision and guidance to the technical advisors and support services personnel.
- S/he will work closely with the Team Lead to ensure program implementation is closely aligned with the overall program.
- The Deputy Team Lead will also provide senior management support on all administrative, financial, and operational functions related to the implementation of this project and the running of the project office in Abuja.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position reports to the Chief of Party in the CIT Division or his designee.
- The Deputy Team Lead will serve as an anti-corruption Subject Matter Expert and will be responsible for interfacing with partner and other agencies to drive completion of project goals.
- S/he will provide strategic guidance on anti-corruption planning and will oversee the expatriate and local staff assigned to his/her component.
Other responsibilities include: Under the supervision of the Team Lead, the Deputy Team Lead is responsible for:
- Programmatic aspects of the program. S/he or his or her designee will supervise the activity development staff and other staff involved in activity development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting;
- Ensure appropriate implementation of program strategy;
- Ensure that procedures are established and complied with for activity development, activity worthiness, activity implementation, management, monitoring, evaluation, and closing;
- Work with the Team Lead, Monitoring and Evaluation and Research Manager, and local staff to improve implementation processes throughout the program;
- Serve as the Team Lead’s primary point of contact for current information about the status of activity design and implementation;
- Identifyprogram opportunities and potential local partners;
- Act as the Chief of Party when s/he is absent from the program; and
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- At least six (6) years of experience implementing democracy and governance programming, with significant experience in elections and political processes, civic engagement/civil society, governance, or institutional development, in a development country context, of which two (2) years must be experience in a management role;
- Experience in fragile or post-conflict states, preferably in West Africa;
- Demonstrated capacity to develop solid working relationships with senior government officials, local governments, non-governmental institutions, and coordination with other donors. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required. Demonstrated record of success in politically sensitive environments;
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English; and,
- University degree in a relevant field.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Capacity to understand and analyze national, regional, and local politics; to guide the program staff in creatively designing grants that relate to the current political and conflict environment;
- Financial management experience, including budgeting; financial management (tracking, reporting and accounting); and procurement;
- Experience with activity design, development, and implementation;
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to work and multi-task under pressure;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with culturally and geographically diverse staff;
- Experience working with comprehensive electoral reform projects;
- Experience working with partnership organizations, especially civil society organizations and/or government agencies;
- Experience in producing civic/voter education materials;
- Experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment;
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field.
Application Closing Date 30th September, 2017.
How to Apply
- Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Position contingent upon donor funding.
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.