DHIS 2 Senior Data Manager At The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET)
Job Title: DHIS 2 Senior Data Manager Open to: All Interested Candidates Duration of contract: One year
Responsibilities The responsibilities of the DHIS 2 Senior Data Manager include:
- The DHIS 2 Senior data manager will serve as the overall DHIS2 team lead for DHIS2 data.
- Support the scale up of DHIS 2 Routine Immunization module and NHMIS in the country
- As senior data manager, provide support other NSTOP data management staff in the performance of data analysis and oversee all NSTOP data management activities to meet program objectives
- Oversee the design of data collection, entry and reporting instruments, including paper forms, mobile phone data entry tools, and computer data entry tools as needed by NSTOP projects.
- Oversee the design and update of databases, including creation of automated reports, queries, and other functionalities in Access and other platforms (e.g. SQL)
- Provide support data management to NFELTP and residents
- Support the coordination of DHIS2 Implementation activities
- Support national and state level capacity building activities
- Support national and state programs on data quality and use
- Support NSTOP EOC data manager to manage EOC data as necessary
- Provide data quality support at all levels
- Any other assignments that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
Certifications, License, Physical Requirements or other Expertise Required
- Masters Degree (or equivalent) in Data Management, Epidemiology, Public Health or related field
Prior Work Experience:
- Possess at least 5 years experience in data management, and or working with public health surveillance /monitoring and evaluation system
- Leadership and management experience is an added advantage
- Experience working with District Health Information System 2 (DHIS2)
- Experience in Routine Immunization (RI) at the LGA or state level.
- Experience in Programming Languages such as Python, C++, PHP, .Net and other related languages.
- Experience in GIS Map analysis (ARC GIS, QGIS, Health Mapper)
- Must also have previous experience working with DHIS.
- Experience with STATA, MathLab, SPSS, CSPRO, Epi Info, SAS
Knowledge Requirements Language Proficiency:
- Level IV English (fluency in both written and oral) is required.
- A good understanding of public health, data compilation and management and data analysis.
- In addition, experience or knowledge of immunization and public health surveillance systems is an advantage.
Skills and Abilities:
- Possess advanced data management and analysis skills and proficiency with data management software (EPI-Info, Microsoft Excel, Access, SAS, SQL, or STATA). Experience with web-based application is desired
Application Closing Date 21st June, 2017.
How to Apply
- Candidates should indicate the appropriate position in their application letter.
- AFENET is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.