DHIS/ICT Advisor Job At John Snow Incorporated (JSI)
Job Title: District Health Information Software (DHIS) and Information Communication Technology (ICT) Advisor
- The District Health Information Software (DHIS) and Information Communication Technology (ICT) Advisor will provide technical leadership in strengthening health information systems and addressing gaps such as but not limited to logistics, software, hardware, and human resources.
- S/he will work to ensure systems work efficiently to support evidence-based decision making in Nigeria.
- This position will ensure the technical and methodological soundness of activities and, In collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health, and partners, support the design of information systems, based on sound and current scientific evidence and appropriate technology.
Specific Responsibilities Includes
- In collaboration with the software developers, provide support to Department of Planning Research and Statistics, HlSP/University of Oslo in Nigeria on HMIS at the national and sub-national levels to set up help desk for DHIS 2;
- Train identified and dedicated GON personnel on common issues and how to resolve them;
- Provide support for internet access and mobile phone to communicate with the sites; Increase the availability and use of data by working with government and other stakeholders to identify additional automated reports, graphs and other improvements to DHIS, and work with the software developer to develop identified automated reports, graphs and other improvements to HMIS;
- Support GON to ensure that all systems incorporate mechanisms to improve the completeness, timeliness, and accuracy of data;
- Work with the government and the software developers to expand existing systems including integrating community-based information system requirements into DHIS, facilitate the development of data exchange protocol and guidelines between NDHIS-2 and other available health sector information in order to have interlinked within the system e.g. ensure data exchange between NDHIS-2 and DATlM;
- support GON to Oversee activities to increase system interoperability among subsystem within the health sector;
- Support Ministry of Health at the national and sub-national level to provide needs based HMIS training; and ensure accurate and timely submission of all required technical reporting and deliverables for the OHIS component of the project.
- Advanced university degree, preferably with specializing in informatics and/or computer science;
- Five years of first-hand experience in introduction of and strengthening of HMIS and capacity building;
- Some level of computer skills including proficiency with Access, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), SQL, HTML, and/or Java Framework and tools;
- In-depth knowledge of electronic medical record, aggregate data (e.g. DHIS2), and other systems used to collect, manage, report, and utilize data;
- Sound computer literacy and IT knowledge with experience in word processing, spreadsheets, databases, statistical analysis software such as SPSS, SAS, STATA or EPI-Info, M&E/HMIS experiences in HIV, TB and Malaria programs in Nigeria are required; Demonstrated experience in data use;
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity in Ministry of Health and other stakeholder staff;
- Ability to synthesize information and utilize different communication approaches to disseminate and utilize that information for improvement; experience working with US Government or other bi-lateral donors, as well as experience in working with senior government officials;
- Experience working in HIV/AIDS field in sub-Saharan Africa, especially Nigeria, strongly preferred strong familiarity with US Government reporting requirements, including PEPFAR MER, and DATIM; and good interpersonal and people management skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively and harmoniously with other project staff, host country counterparts, USAID. consultants, other donors and international organizations.
Application Closing Date 6th July, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications showing expression of interest and CV/Resumes to: email@example.com with “DHIS/ICT Advisor”in the subject line of the mail.