Emergency Logistics Coordinator Job At Plan International
Job Title: Emergency Logistics Coordinator Job ID: 21703 Contract Duration: 5 Months
- The purpose of this role is to provide procurement and logistical support for Plan International Nigeria emergency response in line with policies of Plan International Nigeria, donor requirements and Nigerian laws.
- The post holder will be supervised by the Emergency Response Manager, work closely with the Country Office Administration and Logistics Advisor and other members of the programme and admin team.
- S/he will communicate within Plan International Nigeria and with partners, vendors and related government institutions.
- The post holder will contribute towards the operational aspects of Plan International Nigeria emergency response and programmes, interfacing with both operational and programme team members.
- The post holder will also contribute towards the organisational development of Plan Internationals implementing partners.
Key End Results and typical Responsibilities Programme development & Quality Management:
- Provide day-to-day support to emergency response staff at country office, field offices, international staff and visitors with timely welcome services, hotel and flights bookings and other support services.
- Provide induction to new staff on emergency response procurement and logistics function
- Manage contracts and services for the emergency response unit and secure appropriate accommodation/apartments for international staff on long term employment contracts.
- Establish and maintain a well-functioning logistics support operation for Plan International Nigeria emergency response unit with special focus in the states (field offices) of operation
- Ensuring that asset register for emergency response is up to date in line with donors’ requirements.
- Ensure compliance of the Plan International goods-in kind (GIK) policy for all GIK.
- Coordinate logistics and procurement operations with partners, finance, logistics and procurement committee
- Ensuring emergency procurement policy and procedures are adhered to
- Maintain records of all outstanding purchase orders with external vendors and arrange transportation and forwarding services for all orders to ensure delivery on schedule
- Liaise with emergency response specialists for development of emergency response procurement plan
- Prepare reports on procurement and material movement and ensure that reporting requirements are fulfilled in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure compliance with Plan International procurement and logistics standards and regulations
- Support field offices with procurement and logistics information flow
- Ensure compliance in warehousing management for field offices in line with best practice
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the ERM or delegate
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Procurement/Logistics/CIPS, Level 5/CILT, Level 5/Certification in Humanitarian Logistics (CILT)
- At least 2 years of experience working in emergency response logistics supervisory role.
- Fluency in English with excellent writing and speaking skills is required.
Application Closing Date Not Specified.
How to Apply