FAO-UN Hiring Operations Associate, Procurement
Job Title: Operations Associate, Procurement Job Type: Service Contract – NPP Duration: 6 Months, renewable
General Description of Task(s) and Objectives to Be Achieved
- The Procurement Associate provides and coordinates day-to-day procurement operations, including specialized complex processes and functions, ensuring consistency, timeliness and conformity with relevant rules, procedures and practices.
- He / she provides procedural guidance to clients and staff across the Organization regarding procurement rules and procedures.
- The Procurement Associate reports to the Assistant FAO Representative (Admin). Work is performed largely autonomous, expressing initiative and independent judgement.
- Supervision received is focused on the quality of work outputs, to facilitate service delivery.
- The incumbent provides guidance and training to procurement support staff and advice to clients who work with the Organization.
- The Procurement Associate maintains a wide range of contacts with managers, staff and suppliers inside and outside the Organization, ensuring the quality and consistency of procurement support services and compliance with relevant policies and procedures.
Key Function / Results
- Perform operational functions relating to procurement process, including the preparation of documents related to assigned procurement actions, issuance of tenders and purchase orders, evaluation of bids, follow-up with suppliers, attendance at Tender Opening Panel meetings, draft simple amendments and! or renewals to contracts and service orders under the guidance of the supervisor(s), applying in-depth knowledge of Procurement applications and regulations etc.;
- Review purchase requisitions, orders, contracts and tenders to ensure that they are technically complete and in conformity with established FAO rules and procedures;
- Ensure that procurement actions are completed in a timely manner in accordance with the relevant rules and procedures; ensure timely information on the status of procurement activities and all related issues;
- Maintain and monitor database records related to procurement actions undertaken, assigned tenders, and contracts; coordinate collection of statistical information on procurement actions and ensure that information maintained in the relevant systems is accurate and updated;
- Prepare, review and analyze periodic monitoring reports making recommendations and taking action as instructed;
- Participate in meetings with suppliers;
- Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing across the Service through training of staff and briefing of colleagues on the use of the Oracle Procurement Module and other IT applications utilized in the Procurement Service;
- Act as the Contracts Unit focal point for GRMS, UNGM and Intend;
- Review current processes and make recommendations to improve purchasing systems and procedures;
- Perform other duties as required.
Impact of work:
- The incumbents work impacts on the quality, timeliness and efficiency of FAO’s procurement operations.
- He/she plays a lead role in the coordination and provision of the procurement support services for the successful achievement of the Office’s mandate.
Minimum Requirements Technical Competencies and Experience Requirements:
- Thorough knowledge of the procurement regulations and procedures of any public or international entity or organization.
- Good knowledge of the International Commercial Terms (INCOTERMS) and their application.
- Thorough knowledge of the ERP Procurement Module and ability to guide, direct and advise colleagues on its use and applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in English.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Desirable Qualifications And Skills -Optional:
- Thorough knowledge of UN system procurement regulations, policies and procedures
- Certification on procurement delivered from an internationally recognized institution is an asset.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in MIS reporting and monitoring tools
- Thorough knowledge of FAO’s administrative policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively use standard MS Office software, especially experience with Excel, MS Access and database.
- Very good knowledge of the MS Office package, Internet and office technology equipment
- Working knowledge of English, Fluency in Kanuri and Hausa – both verbal and written highly desirable.
- Education; Secondary School Education with University Degree in Procurement, Business Administration or any other related field.
- Work Experience and Knowledge; Five years of experience in procurement support work
- Languages; Working knowledge (Level C) of English and level B of French or Spanish
- Frequent contact with internal and external officials of whom many are at the senior level.
Application Closing Date 31st August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications which should include detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) as well as copies of all academic and professional certificates. Candidates applying for this position are further required to apply through the FAO iRecruitment system: Click here to apply via iRecruitment System Kindly complete the online Personal Profile Form in iRecruitment which can be accessed from any Internet connection. Please scan the completed form and send the same along with your credentials ELECTRONICALLY via e-mail to: FAO-NG@fao.org and should be addressed to: The FAO Representative in Nigeria, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO-UN), UN House, Abuja – Nigeria.