FHI 360 Jobs In Nigeria : Accountant
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Job ID: 18833
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the Finance Manager, the Accountant shall assume responsibility for accounting in the Country Office and ensure compliance with the contractual financial requirements of programs/projects.
- Assist the Finance Manager to ensure the accurate keeping of all books of account for the project, including checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records.
- Work with the Finance Manager to lead the preparation of monthly and annual financial reports, including financial status of sub-projects account activities with accompanying bank documentation and receipts.
- Assist the Finance Manager and the Senior Finance & Admin Officers in monitoring subproject budgets in accordance with approved work plan activities.
- Monitor periodic expenditures of projects by analyzing financial data and producing periodic and ad hoc reports.
- Work with the Finance Manager to provide support with the accounting workflow in the review and audit of Country Office and sub-recepient reports for reimbursement of expenditures.
- Function as support for processing cash advances, retirements, petty cash management and refunds made in favor of FHI 360.
- Prepare fiscal year budgets and enter them into FHI 360’s accounting software program.
- Support the Finance Manager in preparing reports for submission to donors.
- Review work of zonal finance staff for accuracy and proper report content.
- Support in proposal development in collaboration with proposal team.
- Create, update, and maintain financial spreadsheets.
- Develop budgets, including staff time allocations.
- Work with team leads to resolve problems associated with monthly expenditures and life-of projects budgets.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 3 – 5 years relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 1 – 3 years relevant experience.
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in accounting related to international development programs.
- Familiarity with USAID-funded programs and non-governmental organizations in Nigeria is an advantage.
- CPA, ACA, ICAN or recognized equivalent is an advantage.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above
Application Closing Date 30th July, 2017.
How to Apply