Finance Manager – Budget Vacancy At FHI 360
Job Title: Finance Manager – Budget
Job ID: 17859 Job Descriptions
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- This position will report to the Associate Director, Finance and will be responsible for providing constant reporting to senior management on financial and budget targets.
- He/She will also be responsible for maintaining FHI Nigeria’s budget systems, providing technical and application support for the budget system, and trouble-shooting issues relating to the system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare pipeline reports covering all Nigeria portfolios.
- Provide support to the Associate Director, Finance in the forecasting, monitoring and reporting of the operating and capital budgets and financials.
- Analyze and interpret financial data for the purpose of determining financial performance and projecting financial probability.
- Analyze budget patterns and project expenditures.
- Develop cash flow projections for funded and support activities.
- Ensure that expenditures for budgets, grants and contracts are monitored and the reports are prepared to maintain balance account.
- Propagate the approved budget throughout the organization and explain issues as requested.
- Provide instructions and answer questions relating to budget procedures, provide budget recommendations to a wide range of issues.
- Provide support to the zones and field offices in monitoring and reporting of the operating and capital budgets and financials.
- Monitor budgets and financial reports for all IA sub-agreements not directly managed by the field offices.
- Build the capacity of finance staff in financial management support and reporting and provide professional support to them.
- Analyze, develop, and monitor accounting/fiscal control procedures and program budgets.
- Prepare and manage cost proposals in response to RFA’s, RFP’s and unsolicited proposals for new funding opportunities as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 7 – 9 years relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 5 – 7 years relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role with experience in financial management and reporting.
- Familiarity with U.S. Government grants or other client funded programs, contracting and auditing standards as they apply to effective management of multi-year funds is required.
- CPA, ACCA, ACA, ACIMA or any other relevant professional qualification is required.
- We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package.
Application Closing Date Not Specified.
How to Apply
- This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.