Gender And Social Inclusion Lead At Coffey International Development
Job Title: Gender and Social Inclusion Lead
Job No: 495364 Work type: Contract Duration: 4 years Categories: International development
- Coffey, in partnership with McKinsey, is looking for a Gender and Social Inclusion Lead for the Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (NIAF III)
- NIAF III is a four year DFID-funded programme starting in 2018. Building on the success of the two earlier phases of the Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (2007-2016), NIAF III will provide high quality embedded and short-term expertise to Nigerian government and regulatory counterparts to support improved delivery of infrastructure services.
- The core team will be based in Abuja, with travel to other Nigerian states as necessary.
- Ensure pro-poor and gender issues are considered early on in prioritising activities, and develop rigorous approach to monitoring how NIAF impacts on women and poor people
- Ensure and strengthen the use of evidence in selection of NIAF activities and presentation of NIAF results
- Establish a monitoring framework for the poverty impacts
- Establish a process for screening interventions for opportunities to include pro-poor, gender and social inclusion work
- Coordinate with and support the Monitoring, Reporting and Learning (MRL) Lead in establishing and implementing gender-sensitive monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting systems
- Develop the data collection and analysis tools for the baseline assessment to guarantee gender and social inclusion considerations
- University Degree in Gender Studies, Sociology, International Development or related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience working on gender and social inclusion issues within development programs, preferably with DFID or other donors
- Knowledge and experience working with DFID
- Excellent knowledge of gender and social inclusion issues in Nigeria including social, political, and cultural gender norms and challenges.
- Experience designing, leading and conducting gender and social inclusion analyses, as well as integrating and implementing findings into programme design
- Experience building capacity of local stakeholders on gender and social inclusion issues
- Demonstrated leadership, supervisory and organisational skills
- Experience engaging local stakeholders, including national government leaders in gender and social inclusion initiatives
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Prior experience in Nigeria
Application Closing Date 12th July, 2017.