GHSC-PSM Hiring Advisor, Laboratory Logistics
Job Title: Advisor, Laboratory Logistics Duration of Assignment: This is a long-term position for the life of the project
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Serve as a technical resource for the implementation and administration of lab logistics policies, systems, goals, objectives and procedures.
- Provides support in the collection of laboratory logistics data using national HIV/AIDS laboratory logistics tools that can inform resupplies, quantification, funding and procurement decisions.
- Build and maintain a database of equipment platform and work with vendors to provide preventive maintenance and services to PCR machines.
- Provides technical support to the GHSC-PSM cold chain assessment, warehousing and distribution activities to support service delivery.
- In liaison with the supervisor, provides technical support to the Government and partners on product specifications and selection to inform quantification and procurement of laboratory commodities.
- Provides technical assistance to the stakeholders on Integrated Samples Transfer/Referral system to optimize the laboratory equipment harmonization and standardization.
- Provides technical assistance for the update of the standardized list of laboratory equipment for each level of the national health pyramid.
- Supports the process of post-market validation of HIV rapid test kits and other laboratory products as appropriate, based on the guidance of the national programs and USG team.
- Provides support to ensure that expired or unusable chemicals and reagents are separated from active stock and treated following appropriate procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Laboratory Logistics System or his/her designate.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science, Public Health, Logistics Management, or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years’ professional experience in Laboratory Logistics Management
- Registered with the professional regulatory government agent
- Understanding of the USG supported HIV, TB and Malaria laboratory system strengthening
- Knowledge of Polymerase Chain Reaction equipment for viral load and Early Infants’ Diagnosis, and GeneXpert machine is desirable
- Ability to use Microsoft office suite packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is a requirement
- Show a keen interest in learning and making a career in logistic management of health commodities is desirable and ability to learn and be mentored.
- Ability to work as a team member.
Application Closing Date 7th July, 2017.
How to Apply
- To submit your application please upload your CV/Resumes (should detail the correct information for at least three professional reference)
- Uploaded CV/Resume must clearly indicate your name and the position title.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.