GHSC-PSM Hiring Senior Advisor, Laboratory Logistics
Job Title: Senior Advisor, Laboratory Logistics Duration of Assignment: This is a long-term position for the life of the project
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Serve as a technical resource for the implementation and administration of lab logistics policies, systems, goals, objectives and procedures.
- Provides technical support in the collection of laboratory logistics data using national HIV/AIDS laboratory logistics tools that can inform resupplies, quantification,funding and procurement decisions.
- Build and maintain a database of equipment platform and work with vendors to provide preventive maintenance and services to PCR machines.
- Contribute to providing the overall vision and annual workplans for the project to ensure that GHSC-PSM workplan activities related to laboratory logistics support the national strategies.
- Provides technical support and supervise Logistics Advisor to the GHSC-PSM cold chain assessment, warehousing and distribution activities to support service delivery,
- In liaison with the supervisor, provides technical support to the Government and partners on product specifications and selection to inform quantification arid procurement of laboratory commodities.
- Provides technical assistance and make presentations to the stakeholders on Integrated Samples
- Transfer/Referral system to optimize the laboratory equipment harmonization and standardization.
- Provides technical assistant and mentor Logistics Advisor for the update of the standardized list of laboratory equipment for each level of the national health pyramid.
- Supports the process of post-market validation of HIV rapid test kits and other laboratory products as appropriate, based on the guidance of the national programs and USG team.
- Provides technical support to ensure that expired or unusable chemicals and reagents are separated from active stock and treated following appropriate procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Laboratory Logistics system or his/her designate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science, Public Health, Logistics Management, or its equivalent.
- Additional Master’s Degree in relevant area is an advantage
- Minimum of 4 years professional experience in Laboratory Logistics Management
- Registered with the professional regulatory government agent
- Specific expertise in HIV/AIDS, TB or Malaria programs and USAID laboratory system strengthening guidelines is strongly desired.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills are highly desired.
- Knowledge of Polymerase Chain Reaction equipment for viral load and Early Infants’ Diagnosis, and GeneXpert machine is desirable
- Ability to use Microsoft office suite packages (Excel, words, PowerPoint) is a requirement
- Show keen interest in learning, turn on job experiences into research articles for Publications or Conference papers and, mentor Logistics Advisors and Associates.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills: must function well in a team setting.
Application Closing Date 7th July, 2017
How to Apply