GHSC-PSM Procurement Advisor At Chemonics International (3 positions)
Chemonics has been engaged by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, with the concurrence of USAID to leverage on the GHSC-PSM health supply chain in Nigeria to provide warehousing and distribution services for Global Fund- procured HIV and malaria health commodities in Nigeria. Currently managed by the Global Fund’s Principal Recipients (PRs), Chemonics will work closely with the Global Fund, the PRs, and as needed USAID to implement the warehousing and distribution services for the Global Fund PRs all through till December 2017.
We are hereby seeking to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: GHSC-PSM Procurement Advisor, Fluent in English, Nigerian National Slots: 3 Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Procurement Advisor to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has three task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program.
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
- All three task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Conduct the procurement process for technical and operational procurement – from solicitation to final delivery of goods and services, to submission of purchase order (PO) to Finance for payment processing.
- Track operational and programmatic procurement requests. Ensure all requests are logged, acknowledged and acted upon in a timely and compliant fashion and are consistently updated in the procurement tracker.
- Contribute to regular updates, of the vendor database, with the objective of promoting a more transparent and competitive procurement process. The vendor database will contain a selection of vendors and service providers.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with local vendors and service providers to ensure they fully understand USAID/FAR compliant procurement processes and systems and requirements for working with Chemonics.
- Draft negotiation memoranda, selection memos and other procurement documentation where applicable, and ensure this is on file for all procurements.
- Prepare purchase orders before they are submitted to selected vendors and work closely with the Program and Operations teams to ensure all procurements actions are in adherence to the specifications in the procurement action request (PAR) forms prior to final purchasing.
- Upon completion of procurements, ensure all necessary paperwork is on file prior to submission to the Finance for payment.
- Conduct regular audits of the electronic and hard procurement files to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Preparation of PSM procedure documents using PSM enterprise management system (Orion and CRM) to initiate procurement actions including price request (PR), Price Quotation and price orders
- Production of monthly and quarterly reports of procurement actions and status
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Applicants for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- A university degree in a relevant subject area is required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in procurement required
- Experience with USAID or US Government funded programs following US FAR and AIDAR regulations highly desired
- Fluent written and spoken English required
- Strong organization skills and ability to work as a team oriented culturally diverse environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to liaise with a diverse group of project staff, vendors throughout the country and international staff required.
- The Procurement Advisor will report directly to the Procurement Manager or his/her designee.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Application Closing Date 24th October, 2017.