Graduate Legal Intern Role At Discovery Cycle Professionals
Job Title: Legal Intern
Number of Subordinates: Nil Reports to: Engagement Manager,Management Consulting Division
- Providing legal support to the company, perform general company secretariat functions and ensuring regulatory compliance by the company.
- Undertake the necessary filings at CAC for the company and its affiliates.
- Draft and analyse commercial agreements, partnership documents and Memorandum of Agreements’ as will be required from time to time.
- Reply all correspondence’s of the company from clients who require DCP’s services.
- Assist in the profitable management of various legal projects.
- Compile information from correspondence from clients, and if necessary from the family/legal team/Foreign Office and other bodies in order to make an informed summary of the individual‘s current case.
- Carrying out company secretariat functions while understudying the company’s processes.
- Enter and maintain accurate information about cases, projects and contacts in databases and archives.
- Maintain a register of Directors, Shareholders and company documents as well as sensitive documents of affiliate organizations.
- Advise the respective divisions on the legal framework for the implementation of projects of the company as they arise from time to time.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and professional laws as is applicable in the country.
- Assist with the creation and execution of project work plans and revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Liaise with external engaged lawyers on briefs which they hold for the company and monitor the progress of the respective matters.
- Undertake general administrative responsibilities as may arise from time to time.
- Conduct research on both legal and non-legal related topics.
- Prepare proposals and follow up with the targeted MDA or company as the case may be.
- Handling projects as will be communicated from time to time.
- Planning, organizing and managing training programs.
- Idea Generation
- Developing independent ideas to ensure DCP’s vision is actualized.
- Minimum of an LL.M
- Must have obtained B.L and LL.B
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc.)
- Capable legal researcher.
- Good writing skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- A willingness to be flexible according to the current demands of the organization.
- Analytic, with great attention to detail.
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure.
- Continual self-development.
- Goal and quality oriented.
- Proactive identification and elimination of inefficiencies.
- Continual self- development.
- Goal and quality oriented.
Application Closing Date 8th August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s/Resume to: email@example.com