Graduate Nurse – Kuje Clinic Job At AIDS Healthcare Foundation
Job Title: Nurse – Kuje Clinic
Req No: 2017-6407
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides skilled nursing procedures (i.e dressing changes).
- Administers medication as ordered within the scope of practice of the licensee.
- Performs phlebotomy and/or initiates intravenous infusions as ordered (provided is certified)
- Attends and participates in team conferences as requested.
- May act as a team leader to assist with the provision and supervision of patient care.
- May supervise care given by other VNIPs, Medical Assistants and Phlebotomists.
- Charts notes and medication administration according to protocol.
- Provides patient and family education as directed by the RN.
- Exercises appropriate judgment and decision making skills.
- May assist the nurse manager and/or nurse case manager with the coordination of outside services.
- Ensures the maintenance of patient confidentiality.
- Reports significant changes in the patient’s physical status to the RN and/or to the medical provider.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- A B.Sc in Nursing or its Equivalent.
- At least one year’s experience in HIV program management.
- Knowledge of minimum prevention package for Nigeria is highly essential.
- Must be highly organized and capable of effective multi-tasking.
- Excellent report writing, prompt and effective communication using charts and graphs.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Required to travel to other locations within and other the State.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sensitivity to ethics and confidentiality of HIV/AIDS client issues
- Knowledge of excel and PowerPoint programs.
Application Closing Date Not Specified.