Graduate Nurse (Waru Clinic) Job At AIDS Healthcare Foundation
Job Title: Nurse – Waru Clinic
Req No: 2017-6409
- Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people’s lives while being well-compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees? If so, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the place for you!
Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides skilled nursing procedures (i.e dressing changes).
- Administers medication as ordered within the scope of practice of the licensee.
- Performs phlebotomy and/or initiates intravenous infusions as ordered (provided is certified)
- Attends and participates in team conferences as requested.
- May act as a team leader to assist with the provision and supervision of patient care.
- May supervise care given by other VNIPs, Medical Assistants and Phlebotomists.
- Charts notes and medication administration according to protocol.
- Provides patient and family education as directed by the RN.
- Exercises appropriate judgment and decision making skills.
- May assist the nurse manager and/or nurse case manager with the coordination of outside services.
- Ensures the maintenance of patient confidentiality.
- Reports significant changes in the patient’s physical status to the RN and/or to the medical provider.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Requirements/Qualifications Education and Experience:
- University graduate in Nursing-BSc or its Equivalent.
- At least one year’s experience in HIV program management.
- Knowledge of minimum prevention package for Nigeria is highly essential.
- Must be highly organized and capable of effective multi-tasking.
- Excellent report writing, prompt and effective communication using charts and graphs.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Required to travel to other locations within and other the State.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sensitivity to ethics and confidentiality of HIV/AIDS client issues
- Knowledge of excel and PowerPoint programs.
Application Closing Date Not Specified.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online