Human Resource Officer Job At Save the Children Nigeria
Job Title: Human Resource Officer Role Purpose
- The purpose of the assignment is to provide professional administrative HR support to Save the Children’s programme team based in Abuja.
- The HR Assistant will provide administrative support for the effective implementation of the HR function in Abuja. S/he will liaise with the other departments within the CountryOffice and the Field Offices to ensure agreed action regarding HR is taken, and provide adequate feedback to the team.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Responsible for maintaining personnel filing system in both soft and hard for HR/Admin department
- Register new Staff for Health and Grouplife Insurance Cover
- Reconcile backlog of staff NHF deductions and remittance to FMBN since inception
- Assist the HR Officer with arranging for interviews
- Follow-up with Country Office and Field HR focal persons on recruitment documents
- Responsible for maintaining all recruitment documentation in line with SCI guideline
- Track probation and prepare confirmation letters
- Responsible for collection of timesheets; file and track as appropriate.
Skills and Experience Administrative & General Skills:
- Level of Education – First degree in any Social Sciences course or its equivalent
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with proven administrative skills
- Sound knowledge of office practices, procedures and administrative systems including filing systems
- Ability to manage competing priorities effectively in a constantly changing environment, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
- Strong coordination and time management skills
- Experience of dealing with diary management
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, fluent in English
- Ability to draft well-written, professionally presented documents
- IT experience – Proficient in Microsoft Office and database applications
- Commitment to Save the Children mission, vision and values
Application Closing Date 19th July, 2017.