Human Resources & Admin Officer Job At the Danish Refugee Council
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Human Resources & Admin Officer (National Contract Only)
- The HR & Admin Officer is the focal person for all HR matters in the office duty station.
- S/he manages the preparation of HR tasks and maintenance of staff information including not but limited to national staff payroll, securing visas for international staff/visitors, maintaining personnel files, preparing staff contracts, etc.
- Works within the HR administration procedures of DRC, municipal policies and procedures and in compliance with all national acts and legislation.
- The HR Admin Officer reports to the HR Manager and will extend technical support to HR & Admin staff in the field offices.
- The responsibilities listed below are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
Administration & Office Management:
- Ensure staff and visitors requiring Visas and other legal documents are organized in timely manner.
- Coordinate the flight bookings and organize pick up/drop off for the passengers in coordination with Logistics department.
- Filing of all personnel documents and development of a transparent and efficient filing system of all administration records as per DRC filing procedures.
Time Sheets and Leave Management:
- Ensure monthly time sheets are correctly filled (project codes, number of hours) by staff, approved by Line Manager, and stored in the personnel files on or before 10th of following month.
- Ensure all leave requests (annual Leave, sick Leave forms, bereavement, maternity/paternity, compensatory leave, etc.) are reviewed for correctness (for approval, availability of leave, supporting documentation), update the data base for leave and file in staff personal files.
- Maintain payroll leave balance for all national staff
- Ensure all staff taxes and legislative obligations are done on time as per the government deadlines.
- Establish/maintain good working relationships and contacts with government departments including but not limited to: National Social Insurance Trust Fund, Board of Internal Revenue (for all states where DRC operates), Federal Mortgage Bank (National Housing Fund), Immigration Department, National Planning Commission, etc.
- Ensure all administrative matters are properly followed up and legally standing according to the Nigerian legal systems/requirements.
- Ensure all staff are given contracts (and DRC ID cards for expats) on the first work day and staff information data is filled and filed.
- Ensure all staff personal files are updated according to the checklist/DRC procedures on constant basis.
- Ensure all staff complete the Induction (as per the DRC induction checklist) before sent to work.
- Ensure that all recruitment’s are done in accordance with DRC recruitment processes.
- Update and compile the local staff contact list & Institutional address list as per request from HR Manager every month.
- Ensure all performance management procedures are followed (including probation and Performance & Development reviews, performance improvement plans, disciplinary actions, etc.)
- Support with the implementation of Learning & Development initiatives
Key Requirements Education:
- University degree in Human Resources/Finance/Accounting/Business Administration or five years of relevant experience in lieu of university degree
- At least three years’ work experience in field of Human Resources and Administration in an NGO/Commercial sector
- Hands-on experience/skills in MS Office applications
- Demonstrated success in multi-tasking and strong time-management capabilities
- Ability to deliver in high-stress, complex environments
- Fluency in local spoken languages.
- Proactive, self-starter
- Ability to take initiative and problem-solve independently
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Salary and Conditions
- In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Application Closing Date 5th November, 2017.
How to Apply
- Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and shortlisting may be done before the close date.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.