Human Resources Manager Job At Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Creative Associates International has been working in Nigeria for more than a decade to support development programs throughout the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Manager Position Summary
- The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for assisting with all field-based HR and administration issues regarding project staff. This includes the coordination and completion of all recruitment processes.
- He/She will manage local national staff benefits as well as, other related tasks as assigned.
- He/ She is also responsible for providing overall administrative support to senior management on decision making regarding HR issues and ensures smooth flow of work throughout the project.
Reporting & Supervision:
- Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the Human Resources Manager will support the management of a field team and offices for implementation of the program. He/She will supervise the HR Associate/Office Manager.
- The Human Resources Manager will liaise with the Regional HR Operations Manager, on related project and corporate human resources matters.
- Manage HR office operations ensuring compliance with Creative and USAID HR rules and regulations and meeting all requirements and deadlines pertaining to HR in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and conduct recruitment functions; communicates with department representatives to establish the development of job descriptions/announcements including opening and closing dates and develops and places advertisements.
- Manage the hiring process, in conjunction with senior management to coordinate the screening of applications, interview process, and development of selection tools; performs reference checks, etc. and sends appropriate correspondence to all applicants in a timely manner.
- Work with project managers to ensure timely hire/renewal of consultants under project grants, ensuring required documentation is obtained.
- Manage employee benefits enrollment and ensure all inquiries and challenges faced by employees regarding their insurances are handled.
- Within scope of responsibility, provides information and general assistance to the employees regarding human resources policies and procedures; answers questions and provides information regarding interpretation of rules, employee benefits, problem solving, general advices and recruitment issues.
- Plans and conduct new employee orientation to foster a positive attitude towards organizational objectives.
- Responsible for coordinating staff training and establishing staff development plans based on staff appraisals and evaluations.
- Receives and logs various grievances or complaints from employees; consults with Regional HR Operations Manager and legal counsel re: difficult cases and provides options prior to forwarding complaints to management for review.
- Provides information and general assistance to employees regarding human resource policies and procedures; responding to employee questions and provides information regarding interpretation of HCN employee rules.
- Provide training to local staff on HR policies and procedures contained in the Host Country National Manual and Handbook.
- Provide oversight to HR staff on organization and update of personnel files and other related HR documents including employment agreements, amendments, time sheets, calendar holidays and leaves, ensuring confidentiality
- Provide information as required by Compliance Officers/Auditors during the control/audit exercise.
- General administrative duties like mailing and receipt of internal and external mail for the administration, courier service arrangement and if needed give assistance to faxing, photocopying and making sure that staff contacts are updated.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- University degree related to human resources, administration, or business administration required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 6-8 years’ work experience with at least 4 years of related HR experience.
- At least 3 years of management experience building and leading teams.
- Certification in human resources (PHR, SPHR, GPHR) is considered a plus
- Multi-tasking with positive attitude
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Considerable knowledge of local employment law is a plus
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills and the ability to correspond effectively via electronic methods such as email and the internet.
- Written and spoken fluency in English.
Application Closing Date 21st September, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send your CV’s/Resume to: CreativeNigeriaRecruitment@gmail.com