International NGO Safety Organisation Hiring Admin/Logistic Assistant
The International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO), founded in 2011, is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced individual to join our team in the position below:
Job Title: Admin/Logistic Assistant
- The purpose of this position is to manage the Human Resources and Logistics Departments of INSO Nigeria mission under the direction of the Nigeria Country Administration Manager.
- Admin/Logistics position is a highly rewarding role, offering a unique opportunity to work in a close-knit team giving support in relation to the Administration and Logistic to INSO staff team. Successful candidates will be outgoing, good communicator, ability to prioritize with less supervision.
- To assist the CAM in travel and Fleet Management.
- To assist the CAM in Procurement processes.
- To assist the CAM in the HR of both national and expatriate staff administration.
- To ensure proper management of the office Generator.
- To assist the CAM in the Office facility Administration.
- To ensure proper management of the Office Assets Register and coding.
- To Assist in IT management.
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent in either Logistics or Business Administration.
- Knowledge of administrative, Logistic, Procurement, IT and HR processes.
- Experience in liaising with other organisations and government officials.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Computer literate, with good IT management skills.
- 2 years’ work experience in INGO in administrative or logistics responsibilities
- Master’s degree in Logistics or Business Administration or other relevant field
- Relevant training certificates in IT
- Existing (relevant) local information networks and contacts.
Key Personal Competencies:
- A good listener
- An effective communicator
- Excellent planner
- Ability to Prioritize and work with less supervision
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Terms & Conditions
- 12-month contract with expected start date of (22nd September 2017), 2 paid annual leave days/month accrued, health and life insurance.
Application Closing Date 14th August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send the following below to: firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure to reference ‘INSO – Admin/Logistic Assistant Abuja in the subject line of your email.
- Cover letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO (1-page maximum).
- Up to date CV (2-page maximum).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
- Please do not send any additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.).