John Snow Incorporated Jobs In Nigeria : Administrative Officer
John Snow Incorporated (JSI) – MEASURE Evaluation is funded by USAID to strengthen capacity in developing countries to gather, interpret, and use data to improve health. We create tools and approaches for rigorous evaluations, providing evidence to address health challenges. And we strengthen health information systems so countries can make better decisions and sustain good health outcomes over time.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer Supervisor: Director of Finance & Administration
- MEASURE Evaluation Phase IV is a cooperative agreement awarded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to a consortium of partners led by the University of North Carolina (UNC) at Chapel Hill, and include John Snow. Inc. (JSI), Palladium Group, Tulane University, ICF International and MSH. its objective is to improve and institutionalize the collection and use of data for population programs, health and nutrition. The project activities are being implemented in several countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
- We are currently seeking candidates for a Nigeria based Administrative Officer. The position is full time and will be based at the project office in Abuja, Nigeria and will report to the Director of Finance & Administration, also based in the Abuja Office.
- Provides direct administrative support to the MEASURE Evaluation team activities.
- Provide required logistics support for meetings and events sponsored by MEASURE Evaluation (with other IPs, donors or other stakeholders), either in the office or outside as may required
- Responsibilities for the overall organization of the office, including implementation and maintenance of filing system
- Reviews incoming admin correspondences and draft responses
- Assist in preparation of program documents and technical presentation for use by the Chief of Party or other technical staff.
- Prepare letters of invitation for consultants, U.S Direct Hire, grantee as well as other STTAs. Arrange hotel reservation, transportation and ticket confirmation
- Will be responsible for review, vouching of vendor’s invoices and receipts (before payment is made)
- Raises voucher for payment, tracks and monitors payments to vendor and for work -in-progress.
- Collects the monthly utility bills. Reviews/analyzes the bills and ensure prompts payment
- Under direct supervision of the finance, make imprest disbursement, maintains imprest ledger sheets (petty cash), prepare the summary sheet of expenditures with appropriate codes and request for reimbursement through the finance officer.
- Manage all project – owned equipment and resources; and ensure that field office inventory logs are kept up to date
- Ensure that the premises are properly locked and secured during non – working hours.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Finance & Admin, represent MEASURE Evaluation in meetings with all local vendors including (but limited to) providers of electric power, water & sanitation, fuel, security service, telephone and internet service, car hire, health maintenance, general maintenance and all other services that be required from time to time in order to effect a safe, secure and fully functioning office.
- Ensure the provision of all necessary logistical support for MEASURE Evaluation staff & consultants, including airport transfer, lodging, transport, emergency medical service, and other service as required.
- Ensure high level of environmental health and safety standards within the office building and company to ensure the safety, security and upkeep of the office and also act as a liaison with appropriate utility service providers/GoN agencies (e.g Fire service, Environmental Protection Agency etc).
- Supervise the security of the office (review security procedures, issuance of office key, lock down of office at close of business, etc), emergency planning & readiness as well as briefing staff on emergency procedures
- Manages the project vehicles (allocation, maintenance, fueling etc) and coordinates all staff transport requirements
- Supervises the Receptionists, Cleaners, Security personnel and Project Drivers and ensures the execution of the duties assigned. Takes minutes during management/staff meetings, processes and circulates after corrections to all staff.
- Performs all other duties as may be assigned.
- Minimum: First degree in Management, Social Science or any relevant field of study. Previous work experience (at least 2 years experience in a similar position)with international donor – funded programs. Advance qualification is an added advantage.
- Experience and knowledge of USAID administrative standards and regulations
- Experience organizational skills
- Ability to set priorities
- Experience written and oral communication skills and interpersonal communication
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office ( Word , Power Point, Excel Access. etc)
- Ability to work independently and manage various project on a daily basis with minimum supervision
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively harmoniously as team with member
Application Closing Date 15th August, 2017.
How to Apply