John Snow Incorporated Jobs In Nigeria : Office Assistant
John Snow Incorporated (JSI) – MEASURE Evaluation is funded by USAID to strengthen capacity in developing countries to gather, interpret, and use data to improve health. We create tools and approaches for rigorous evaluations, providing evidence to address health challenges. And we strengthen health information systems so countries can make better decisions and sustain good health outcomes over time.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Assistant Supervisor: Administrative Officer Project Summary
- MEASURE Evaluation Phase IV is a cooperative agreement awarded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to a consortium of partners led by the University of North Carolina (UNC) at Chapel Hill, and include John Snow. Inc. (JSI), Palladium Group, Tulane University, ICF International and MSH. its objective is to improve and institutionalize the collection and use of data for population programs, health and nutrition. The project activities are being implemented in several countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
- We are currently seeking candidates for a Nigeria based Office Assistant. The position is full time and will be based at the project office in Abuja, Nigeria and will report to the Administrative Officer, also based in the Abuja Office.
- Provides all logistics support for the project, including office automation, binding, scanning, photocopy and filing of project vouchers
- Ensure that all meeting rooms are clean and ready for meetings at all times.
- Support in the logistics for workshop and meeting within and outside the office.
- Work with the Admin Officer to ensure that office equipment are serviced as at when due.
- Supervise office cleaners to ensure that offices, bathrooms, floors are kept clean and are adequately equipped with necessary supplies.
- Ensure that the generator is adequately serviced and fueled.
- Sits in the front office whenever the Receptionist is not around to handle all telephone messages and direct visitors as appropriate.
- Whenever the receptionist is not around, he/she serves as back up for Admin officer to:
- Ensure office equipment maintenance and repair, liaising with maintenance contractors for office equipment, including photocopying, fax, computers and telephone.
- Manage schedules for use of meeting rooms.
- Issues and monitors the supply and usage of office stationary and supplies. –
- Arrange for staff travel including hotel reservations, purchase of tickets, drop-off and pick-up at the airport and all other matters associated.
- Manage daily vehicle usage by staff
- Ensure that all equipment are switched off at the close of work.
- Support the Admits Officer in identifying location of project inventory
- Assists the Admin officer in other administrative duties and functions of the Office.
- Performs all other duties and tasks as may be assigned.
- Minimum: First degree in Management, Social Science or any relevant field of study. Previous work experience (at least 2 years experience in a similar positions) with international donor-funded program.
- Experience and knowledge of USAID administrative standards and regulations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to set priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal communication
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft (Word, Power point, Excel, Access etc)
- Ability to work independently and manage various assignments on a daily basis with minimal supervision
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively and harmoniously as team member
Application Closing Date 15th August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com with “Office Assistant” in the subject line. Note: The OA’s job description listed above are not limited to that only.