Linkage Coordinator Job At AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF)
Job Title: Linkage Coordinator
Req No: 2017-6428
- Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people’s lives while being well-compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees? If so, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the place for you!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Contributes to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of HIV referrals and linkage process at health facilities and community.
- Ensures synergy of all referral processes & track outcomes to and from health facilities and communities.
- Provides support to newly identified PLHIV on linkage processes, including assessment and mitigation of possible barriers to linkage.
- Conduct integrated community outreaches-to ensure linkage of testing and treatment programs.
- Ensures effective follow up by working closely with the HCT teams to facilitate follow up visits for HIV clients through home visit, phone call and text messages-adequately track process outcomes.
- Establish and facilitate community support groups for PLHIV; work closely with NEPHWAN / other CSOs groups to achieve synergy at State, LGA, health facility and community levels
- Facilitate the implementation of community adherence monitoring.
- Ensures the effective implementation of Positive health dignity and prevention (PHDP) concepts-at the community level.
- Works closely with Health care workers, CBO/ FBO partners to ensure patients are carried along the continuum of care / retention.
- Facilitate assisted referral for newly identified PLHIV between community and facility systems and ensure client retention within the health facilities.
- Works closely with the testing teams to ensure patients are carried along the continuum of care / client retention.
- Ensures the implementation of strategic HIV referral / linkage protocols at the AHF health facilities.
- Contributes to capacity building for HCWs and staff of CBO partners with respect to referral and linkage process.
- Works closely with community structures such as the WDC, VHW, HC, CDGs.
- Ensure effective data management and supervise the process of appropriate data collection at the facility and community using appropriate data tools.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- BSc, BA or any relevant qualifications.
- 2-3 years’ experience in providing HIV related services at community and health facilities.
- Experience with managing CBO partners a plus.
- Language Skills: Fluent in English.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents;
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and regulatory bodies.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
Application Closing Date Not Specified.