Malaria Logistics Advisor Job Vacancy At Chemonics International
Chemonics has been engaged by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, with the concurrence of USAID to leverage on the GHSC-PSM health supply chain in Nigeria to provide warehousing and distribution services for Global Fund- procured HIV and malaria health commodities in Nigeria. Currently managed by the Global Fund’s Principal Recipients (PRs), Chemonics will work closely with the Global Fund, the PRs, and as needed USAID to implement the warehousing and distribution services for the Global Fund PRs all through till December 2017.
We are hereby seeking to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Malaria Logistics Advisor, Global Health Supply Chain-Procurement Supply Management Project Nigeria Supervision: The Malaria Logistics Advisor will report to Manager Malaria Logistics.
Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Malaria Logistics Advisor to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program.
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- A key component of the project is broad support for malaria program implementation through prevention activities as well as malaria diagnosis and treatment. In this regards GHSC-PSM is tasked with ensuring commodity security for malaria interventions in all PMI supported facilities as well as the provision of technical support for malaria prevention through the promotion of ownership and use of Long Lasting Insecticidal Nets (LLINs).
- The Malaria Logistics Advisor will support activities to ensure the availability of malaria commodities at facilities as well as support the implementation of GHSC-PSM LLIN interventions in PMI focus states.
- As part of the Lab Logistics Team, the Malaria Logistics Advisor will be reporting to the Manager/Senior Malaria Logistics Advisor.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Work with other teams within the project to coordinate malaria related interventions in the project.
- Support implementation of mass distribution campaigns for long lasting insecticidal nets (LLINs) in selected States and routine distribution in 11PMI focus states in Nigeria, including engagement with senior Government officials at the National and State levels on modalities for the full implementation of all aspects of the Campaign exercise and routine distribution of LLINs.
- Support coordination activities including participations in meetings with the GON and PMI IPs to develop and implement supply chain strategies and provide appropriate non-duplicative services that will ensure reliable procurement and distribution of essential malaria medicines and related commodities.
- Support the management of relationships and maintaining routine communications with NMEP, PMI partners, and all other related stakeholders to support the integration of various technical areas of the project and making the most effective and efficient use of project resources.
- Provide adequate support towards the strengthening of the MCLS tool for the generation of quality, reliable and acceptable data that will inform programmatic decisions.
- Participates in developing training curricula for health commodities management at the state and health facilities and in training Federal &, state-level malaria control program and logistics officers
- Work with GHSC-PSM Nigeria Procurement unit to manage clients’ expectations, needs and to monitor commodities supply plan.
- Monitor routine re-supplies of health commodities to partners to ensure uninterrupted supply of health commodities for program activities.
- Support the collection of the Malaria Commodity Inventory Control System (MCICS) reports
- Support capacity building activities on commodity forecasting and supply planning for Government of Nigeria counterparts and implementing partners.
- Work with other advisors and short-term technical assistance (STTA) providers to provide required TA for activities and facilitate transfer of skills to appropriate staff.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- Degree in Public Health, Pharmacy, Logistics Management, Science or Social Sciences.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in Health program, preferably in health care supply chain management.
- Previous experience in implementing LLINs Campaigns within States in Nigeria strongly desired.
- Multi-skilled experience in Malaria, HIV/AIDS, or TB program strongly desired.
- Proven experience in managing public health programs or projects –in developing country will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor, supervise and build capacity in health service programs.
- Extensive knowledge of the Nigeria Public Health sector.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability and willingness to travel to various part of the country.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Application Closing Date 18th October, 2017.