Monitoring Evaluation And Learning (MEL) Intern At Palladium Group
Job Title: Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Intern
Project Overview and Role Purpose of Position:
- The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) intern will support the Engaged Citizens MEL and delivery teams in documenting learning, progress and results.
- We are especially looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual who is interested in gaining significant hands-on experience in the areas of communications, adaptive programming, knowledge management, research and social media management.
- The intern will report to the MEL Reporting Officer with overall guidance from the Head of Monitoring Evaluation and Learning.
Responsibilities Primary responsibilities:
- Draft event and activity briefs, articles, blog posts, case studies, success stories, reports and press releases
- Write up notes from reflections and support synthesis of learnings
- Support archival, knowledge sharing and management
- Capture and appropriately label photographic and videography evidence
- Social media management (Facebook, Twitter, mailchimp, Instagram)
- Assist in compiling and editing ECP weekly digest, calendar of events and updating ECP shared calendar on SharePoint
- Update knowledge management compendium
- Assist in compiling content for e-newsletters and in synthesizing technical reports into draft communication pieces
- Assist in planning, writing and managing e-blasts and e-newsletters.
- Design infographics, leaflets, fliers, and other graphics
- Format reports and other technical documents
Time Period and Commitment:
- Four days per week, a total of 28 hours per week, usually between the hours of 8am-5pm, Monday – Thursday, with some flexibility. A commitment of a minimum of 4 months is required.
Requirements Education, Skills, Experience & Qualities Required:
- Undergraduate student of Mass Communication, Public Relations, English or Development-related field, or currently enrolled in a masters level program.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills with some exposure to the rigor of writing at the international level
- Thorough understanding of social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc.) with social media and website management experience
- Strong computer skills with interest and ability to learn new software
- Graphic design, video production or digital photography skills an advantage
- Motivated and energetic self-starter who takes initiative
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop new skills within the role.
- Hands-on experience in communications, adaptive programming, knowledge management, research, social media management, monitoring, evaluation and learning in a professional environment in an internship position while receiving required support, mentoring and supervision.
- Being an equal member of a fun, professional, passionately engaging and dynamic team.
Application Closing Date 22nd August, 2017.