Monitoring And Evaluation Officer At Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Job Summary
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be based in Dutse, Jigawa State and report to the Monitoring and Evaluation Deputy Project Manager.
- The M & E Officer will be primarily be responsible for data gathering, collation and reporting activities to ensure the quality and accountability of the programs implemented by Action Against Hunger in Northern Nigeria.
- The M&E Officer will also develop and implement clear and practical M&E plans for the program by ensuring program indicators, monitoring formats, databases, data analysis, and reporting are maintained and harmonized.
- He/she will also track the progress of key indicators and provide timely report.
Task and Responsibilities
- Supporting the M&E team in the pilot data collection and integration of findings by providing feedback to the M & E Deputy Project Manager.
- Reviewing and developing M & E systems for new projects, lead on the implementation of qualitative and participatory tools, including focus group discussions.
- Working closely with the team and other project team to ensure timely and quality data entry, analysis and interpretation.
- Under taking regular field visits and monitor the design and execution of surveys with other assessments. Representation of Action Against Hunger activities relating to monitoring, evaluation, accountability and reporting when required.
Requirements The successful candidate will have;
- At least a degree in Economics, International Development, Statistics, Public Health, Demography or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in the Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability of humanitarian or development programs.
- The ability to represent Action Against Hunger externally in relevant forums and working groups at state level.
- Proficient and demonstrated knowledge of M&E concepts and international humanitarian quality standards.
- Experience of mobile data collection, collation, statistical analysis, participatory fieldwork methodologies and report writing.
- Experience in community development programming, preferably in nutrition, food security, livelihoods or WASH.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, spreadsheets, Sphere standard, SPSS, SPHINX, or other statistical packages.
- Excellent team, budget, project management and representation competencies.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
Application Closing Date 29th August, 2017.