MSH Hiring Director, Medical And Community Services
Job Title: Director, Medical and Community Services
Job ID: 13-9203 Group/Office: HPG Dept/Unit: GEN (General) Project/Program: P000 – Proposal Reports To: Deputy Chief of Party/Technical Director Grade: K-L
- Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is seeking a Director of Medical and Community Services for a potential 5-year USAID-funded contract designed to build local capacity for the delivery of sustainable, high-quality, and comprehensive HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, care, and support services. Using a data-driven approach, this project will impact Nigeria’s capacity to effectively control, treat and prevent HIV/AIDS and HIV/ tuberculosis co-infections in the general and key populations across all regions of Nigeria.
- MSH saves lives and improves health by helping public and private organizations throughout the world to effectively manage people, medicines, money, and information. Working from more than 40 country offices and our Arlington, Virginia, and Medford, Massachusetts, US headquarters, our staff from more than 70 nations is highly regarded for its technical expertise, integrity, and commitment to making a lasting difference in health. We live our mission to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
- The Director of Medical and Community Services will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of the service delivery (clinical and community) components of the program.
- With the guidance and support of the Chief of Party (COP), and Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), the Director of Medical and Community Services will lead the implementation of the program design to ensure quality service delivery consistent with the national and international standards and guidelines.
- S/he will be the technical lead in the use of program data for program improvement, and promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learned.
- S/he will support all technical program staff and will manage any clinical and community related issues in the program.
Qualifications and Experience
- An advanced degree at the Master’s level or above in public health, epidemiology, or a related discipline is required.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in the design and implementation of public health programs, specifically in the prevention, treatment, care, and support of HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, HIV/TB, OVCs, MNCH and, health systems strengthening
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level colleagues, particularly interacting productively, proactively, and comfortably with government agencies, NGOs, private sector groups, USAID, PEPFAR, and other donor organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in program management and administration, and contract compliance. Experience with USAID projects is Strongly preferred
- Must have a proven track record of building teams and fostering collaboration in order to achieve goals, meet milestones, and produce high quality written qualitative, quantitative, and narrative deliverables. Familiarity with USAID regulations and administrative procedures in the implementation of donor assisted projects.
- Track record of strong commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experiences, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit.
- Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, written and oral communication, and negotiation skills.
- Professional level Fluency in English(oral and written) is required.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria
- Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
Application Closing Date Not Spcified.
How to Apply
Note: This position is subject to project award and funding availability.