Operations And Logistics Manager At Coffey International Development
Job Title: Operations and Logistics Manager
Job No: 495361 Duration: 4 years Categories: International development
- Coffey, in partnership with McKinsey is looking for an Operations and Logistics Manager for the Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (NIAF III)
- NIAF III is a four year DFID-funded programme starting in 2018. Building on the success of the two earlier phases of the Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (2007-2016), NIAF III will provide high quality embedded and short-term expertise to Nigerian government and regulatory counterparts to support improved delivery of infrastructure services.
- The core team will be based in Abuja, with travel to other Nigerian states as necessary.
- The Operations Lead will manage day-to-day operations for mid-sized operational services.
- S/he will be responsible for the efficient and effective management of property, office and fleet assets.
- The Operations Manager will ensure that:
- Opportunities for improved services are identified;
- HR, IT, vehicle and property assets are documented, reviewed and reported; and
- Operational activities are aligned
- Organising and providing a well-managed and efficient work place for employees and consultants
- Maintaining oversight of procurement activities as needed
- Carrying out routine and complex activities with accuracy
- Ensuring that all services provided are aligned with NIAF/McKinsey plans and priorities
- Occasional travel to outlying states for the purpose of meeting with clients and suppliers
- Overseeing a broad range of operational activities including those relating to Protocol, Property Management, Fleet Management and IT and Communications
- Initiating all appropriate risk management protocols/guidance/tools/support services, related to the safety and security, and the protection of assets
- First Degree with a focus on Finance, Management or any Degree relevant to the position
- At least five years of documented project management experience
- Excellent MS Office skills including: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication and problem solving skills
- At least 2 years’ experience with logistics coordination
- At least 2 years’ experience with asset management
- Ability to organise clerical work, administration, and control systems
- Ability to perform a variety of detailed functions and meet established deadlines
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to build and lead an effective team
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks effectively and solve problems independently
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Fluency in English required
Application Closing Date 12th July, 2017.