Programme Officer At The International Institute For Local Development
Job Title: Programme Officer Job Description
- The Programme Officers will form the core of a pioneer team of five in Nigeria (based in Abuja).
- They will assist the Director in the planning, programming, implementation and monitoring of several interventions including the organization’s flagship programme.
- They will provide input to the country and regional operations plan as well as prepare proposals, submissions and reports.
- They will also provide support to the independent evaluation arm of the organization and will be solely responsible for the design, planning and implementation of a range of monitoring and evaluation-related assignments.
Core Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide technical and research support to home and field office operations
- Manage organization’s data base
- Assist in developing country and regional operations plans in compliance with global strategic and regional priorities as well as with annual programming/planning instructions
- Supervise regular data collection and ensure quality of the data by random verification and validation
- Participate actively in programme planning processes
- Analyze data and prepare study reports
- Develop fact sheets on specified topics and regions
- Write and edit reports and other documents
- Provide administrative and logistical support to project teams
- Undertake regular updates of the organization’s websites
- Travel regularly to project regions to review and manage project activities and field staff
- Manage associate consultants, field staff and partners
- Undertake other tasks as determined by the Director
Specific Requirements and Skills
- A university degree, preferably in the social sciences
- 3-5 years’ experience in a development organization, working on a development project or in an NGO
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, graphics design and SPSS or similar analytical tool.
- Understanding of the history, theory and practice of development
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Ability to speak and write French is an advantage
Application Closing Date 21st July, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified Applicants should send their CV’s and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org