Project Drivers At The Catholic Relief Services (CRS) – 9 Positions
Job Title: Project Driver Reference Number: PD110717 Department: Motor Pool/Operations Reports To: Fleet Officer/Head Driver Band Job Field: Transportation and Driving Slot: 9
- Drivers will be responsible for ensuring that the minimum maintenance standard of the CRS/Nigeria’s fleet is the vehicle manufacturer’s specification.
- He / She will also follow up and ensure that routine preventative maintenance schedules for the vehicles are strictly adhered to in a manner that will assure reliable transportation of CRS staff, assets and other goods.
- Make recommendations and implement measures that will safeguard the CRS Nigeria vehicles and vehicle equipment to enhance efficiency and reduce the possibility of theft or damage.
- Ensure that daily checks are performed on assigned vehicle before it is driven in the morning.
- Completes the Daily Vehicle Reports and submits to the Head driver each day
- Check and ensure that all journeys and trips (no matter how short) are recorded using the Vehicle Log Book provided in each vehicle.
- Notifies the Head Driver immediately in accident situations, after checking that all persons involved are safe and follows the procedure for what to do in case of an accident.
- Ensures that fuel does not fall below half a tank in any of the vehicles.
- Responsible for ensuring that CRS vehicles are clean always
- Be familiar with, and ensure adherence to the policies and guidelines in the Vehicle Usage and Maintenance Manuals
- Ensure that all travel planning procedures are followed by staff traveling in CRS vehicles and that all the relevant forms are completed
- Maintain a file for all vehicle request and all travel related forms
- Complete the Motor Vehicle Monthly reports /Fuel Usage report and motor vehicle monthly Maintenance report by the 5th of each month
- Ensure that vehicles are driven safely and in line with CRS procedures and regulations.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Head of Facility & Protocol.
- Valid Nigerian driver’s license and good knowledge of Abuja and Nigerian roads
- Minimum Four years’ professional experience in a similar position
- Ability to communicate in English Language is essential
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Must be flexible and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Good knowledge of vehicle mechanics
- Strong leadership abilities
- Experience in supervising staff
- Ability to generate VMS reports
- Ability to use the Microsoft suite of computer software applications especially MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
Agency Wide Competences (For all CRS Staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
Key Working Relationships: Internal:
- Fleet Officer, Head Driver, Head of Facility and Protocol, Head of Operations, Program staff, admin staff, finance staff.
- CRS Nigeria Partners and Visitors.
Application Closing Date 24th July, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form” below, fill the form and send it along with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates should state the position and advert code as the subject of their email e.g. Project Driver – PD110717. Click here to download Application FormNote: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.