PUI Jobs In Nigeria : Food Security And Livelihoods Coordinator
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI has been present in Nigeria since April 2016. The NGO is willing to cover the needs of crisis affected people in Borno State through a comprehensive integrated approach, targeting the people’s affected by the crisis with means of subsistence (Food Security & Livelihood), the access to the basic services (Primary Health Care, Nutrition) and the living conditions (Shelter, NFI, WASH, etc.).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Security and Livelihoods Coordinator
- As part of our activities in Nigeria, we are looking for a Food Security and Livelihoods Coordinator.
- The Food Security and Livelihood (FSL) Coordinator designs the intervention framework of the mission in term of Food Security and Livelihood (strategic positioning, programmatic approach, technical guidelines), supports the Food Security and Livelihood field teams in the implementation of their projects, and pilots the Food Security and Livelihood programs development.
- S/he seconds the Head of Programs in the appreciation/assessment of the social impact of of the projects rolled out.
- S/he supervises the technical rolling out of the programs and ensures the qualitative aspects of programmes (monitoring of objectives, respecting due dates and budgetary provisions, quality control) are properly implemented by the different stakeholders (program teams, field coordinators, partners).
- S/he develops a high qualitative and quantitative research analysis on FSL opportunities and resilience mechanism to the current Nigerian crisis, to offer an adapted response in a challenging context of intervention for the sector.
Strategy & Development:
- S/he participates, for his/her technical sector, in the design of the operational strategy and suggests new operations according to needs analysis of the humanitarian situation.
- S/he participates actively (in coordination with other Technical Coordinators and the relevant Field Coordinators) in the definition and implementation of assessments and in the design and overall project cycle management of all FSL projects at mission level.
- S/he supports from a technical point of view the teams operating on FSL (recruitment, objectives definition, and evaluation).
- S/he ensures and coordinates the PUI’s FSL representation at mission level with partners, working groups, donors and different authorities.
- S/he ensures that information is efficiently communicated between the FSL teams and other teams (support, programs…) and ensures a proper coordination and information sharing with other national level coordinators (Log, Admin, Shelter and Infrastructure…).
Logistical, Administrative and Financial Monitoring:
- S/he guarantees that logistical and administrative procedures are respected by the FSL teams and alerts/relays this information to the logistical and administrative coordination team.
- To stay up to date with our new job offers, join our Facebook group My Job In The Field.
Training and Experiences
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Social Science, or Agronomy would be a major asset
- 3 years as a manager of humanitarian projects
- Successful experience in expatriate team management and the management of FSL Programs
- A fortiori
- Knowledge of economics both at macro and micro level, agricultural, distribution programmes, market analysis and resilience support programs
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong knowledge of project management
- Research experience
- Pack Office proficient
Required Personal Characteristics:
- Leadership skills and an ability to make decisions.
- Ability to show authority, if necessary.
- Analysis and synthesis skills.
- Organization, rigor and respect of deadlines.
- Great ability to listen and to negotiate.
- Good people person and good communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm and level-headed.
- General ability to resist stress, particularly in a changing environment.
- English (mandatory)
- French (desirable)
- Arabic (desirable)
- Employed with a Fixed-Term Contract – 6 months renewable
- Minimum duration of commitment: 6 months
- Starting date: 15 February 2015
- Monthly gross income: from 2,200 up to 2,530 Euros depending on the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI
- Cost covered: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccines…
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accommodation
- Daily living Expenses (« Per diem »)
- Break Policy: 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leave Policy: 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Application Closing Date 30th September, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications (Resume and Cover Letter) to Romain Gautier, Human Resources Officer for Expatriates at:
email@example.com with the following subject: “Food Security and Livelihoods – Nigeria”.