Qualitative Research Senior Coordinator Job At Girl Effect Nigeria
Girl Effect, is an organisation working to break the cycle of inter-generational poverty. We do this by investing in programmes for girls, connecting girls to each other to amplify their voices, and brokering access to the critical assets girls need. We drive behaviour change by harnessing media in innovative ways and building social networks to shift girls perceptions of themselves and how others value them.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Location: Qualitative Research Senior Coordinator Department: Gender, Evidence and Insights
- We’re looking for a proactive and solutions-focused Senior Coordinator with experience in designing and conducting analysis of qualitative research.
- The Qualitative Research Senior Coordinator will primarily lead research conducted for Girl Effect and its partners using TEGA, but will also support research for Springster and an innovative interactive information line called Girls Connect, as well as other formative studies required to inform decision making.
- TEGA is a bespoke, mobile-based peer-to-peer research network of girls aged 18-24. Girl Effect can disseminate research tasks to the TEGAs, who then interview peers and adults in their community, capturing their responses via video, audio and photo content. The data is delivered to Girl Effect via a secure app. TEGAs are trained as junior professional researchers and qualified by Market Research Society with a certificate in digital interviewing.
- The Qualitative Research Senior Coordinator will work closely with the Manager of the Evidence team, as well as collaboratively with cross functional teams, to design and deliver research that is fit-for-purpose, timely and high quality.
- The Senior Coordinator will oversee TEGA field management and will also liaise with our London based Evidence Team to ensure that all research conducted by and for the organisation meets the highest quality and ethical standards. The way of working is fast paced and agile and the ideal candidate will thrive on this. They will also require a natural aptitude for technology and innovation.
- The role will also be responsible for designing and delivering research commissioned by external clients so should ideally should have an agency/ consultancy background and have extensive experience of delivering high quality reports and research.
- The Qualitative Research Senior Coordinator will work in close collaboration with the Evidence Manager as well as all other members of the Girl Effect Nigeria team.
- They will also work closely with Girl Effect’s global TEGA and Evidence teams based in London on various tasks and frequently liaise with external stakeholders who commission TEGA research.
1.) Research Design & Development:
- Liaison with Girl Effect colleagues (Evidence, Brand, Gender) to translate research requests/briefs from our internal and external stakeholders into effective qualitative research designs and implementation that ensures delivery of high quality, insights and action driven research outputs.
- Design of sampling strategies and other technical methodological aspects of peer research methodologies as well as other market research.
- Development of innovative and youth friendly research tools including consent and recruitment processes, questionnaires, surveys and interview guides.
- Creation of analysis frameworks and production of reports and research outputs including presentations that utilise audio, video and photographs collected via TEGA
- Support of other Evidence Team members in developing qualitative research frameworks and in conducting analysis
2.) Field Management:
- Oversight of Girl Effect Nigeria’s external qualitative research calendar to ensure peer researchers are employed for the right studies within realistic and achievable timeframes and all organizational qualitative research needs will be addressed on time and to a high standard
- Training of the TEGAs and other members of the Evidence Team in qualitative research methods
- Quality assurance of external qualitative resources that have been employed to complement in-house peer research methodologies
- Ensuring girl safeguarding and field ethics are upheld
- Raising all risk reporting from the field to the required GE focal point
3.) Data, Analysis & Reporting:
- Data management including quality assurance of in house data storage and review
- Conducting all analysis and reporting (with potential for mentoring of the Evidence specialist in this as appropriate over time)
- Support insights generation from findings to ensure that GE stakeholders’ research objectives are addressed
Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology or other Social Science.
- Substantial experience in applied research or insights generation, ideally working agency side and serving large scale clients
- Strong experience in deploying innovative qualitative research methods and conducting data analysis – able to scope out appropriate approaches, oversee research delivery and quality assure TEGA data collection
- Experience of working in Nigeria, ideally within the areas of social/behaviour change, communications for development and/or gender
- Strong organisation and project management skills; able to drive research processes and timelines
- Experience with innovative, participatory research approaches, and in particular of working with young people and/ or girls specifically
- Skilled in producing high quality and engaging research presentations and briefings for diverse audiences
- Experience in training and mentoring others in research methods, data analysis and reporting
- Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity about the cultures within which Girl Effect operates
- Experience coordinating work-streams across multiple geographies and ability to work effectively in multicultural teams from diverse backgrounds including media, advertising, and international development
- Creative and inquisitive mindset
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Willingness to travel up to 20%
Application Closing Date Not Specified.