Senior Technical Officer, Mitigation Job At FHI 360 – 2 Positions
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer, Mitigation
Job ID: 18829 Slots: 2
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
- The STO, Mitigation provides technical assistance and support in the implementation of testing and counseling, home based care, orphans and vulnerable children and other community mobilization activities within the HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care & Treatment Department, ensuring the appropriate application of sound technical strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of strategies for the design and implementation of HIV/AIDS mitigation interventions. This includes orphans and vulnerable children programming; home based care and other care and support activities at the community level.
- Development and implementation of interventions focusing on nutrition, food security, education and skills development; psychosocial/spiritual support and shelter; household economic strengthening, legislative support and child protection.
- Provides technical support to build the capacity of local implementing agencies and state counterparts to carry out orphans and vulnerable children and other mitigation activities and create effective linkages with facility based services.
- Support HIV testing and counseling (HTC) services at multiple entry points at the facility and community level and ensuring access to most at risk populations and couples.
- Work closely with Prevention Team on community mobilization strategies and demand creation of HIV prevention, care and treatment services.
- Work closely with other technical staff in the implementation of Positive Health, Dignity and Prevention strategies within routine facility services and a standard of community based care.
- Provide technical guidance and provide input regarding HIV/AIDS mitigation programs.
- Contribute to development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to mitigation of HIV/AIDS and apply these lessons to modify existing program and improve the design of new programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.Sc/MD/PHD or similar Degree with 3 to 5 years public health experience at the state or community level or in the private health sector.
- Or MPH or MS/MA in relevant degree with 5 to 7 years public health experience at the state or community level or in the private health sector.
- Or BS/BA in pharmacy, microbiology, health sciences, monitoring and evaluation, public health or in relevant degree with 7 to 9 years public health experience at the state or community level or in the private health sector.
- Demonstrable experience in large and complex SBC/BCC mobilization activities in a donor (USAID, DFID, CIDA, etc.) funded national health-focused project.
- HCT experience and ability to understand full range of issues around HCT.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Application Closing Date 30th July, 2017.
How to Apply