Senior TEGA Manager Vacancy At Girl Effect Nigeria
Job Title: Senior TEGA Manager Department: Operations Vacancy Type: Permanent
- We’re currently looking for an experienced Senior Manager to localise and implement TEGA’s global FY18 strategy, by evolving the TEGA Nigeria operations into established commercially successful operations serving the research needs of Girl Effect and like-minded, mission aligned external partners from the public and private sectors.
Key Responsibilities Key Responsibilities will include specifically localising and implementing:
- TEGA’s legal and governance procedures and policies
- The pricing model for TEGA’s internal (Girl Effect), Public and Private sector clients.
- The operational model for launching new TEGA networks
- The process for conducting a research project, ensuring all projects are delivered on brief, on time and budget.
- Ensure continuous positive relationships with existing partners
- Develop fruitful and positive relationships with new GEN partners, inputting to TORs, finalising contracts efficiently and ensuring trainings needs are identified and fulfilled to facilitate adherence to GE Policies e.g. Safeguarding.
- The process for maintaining the safety of the TEGAs and respondents, and ensuring the quality of the research output
- Managing and supporting the TEGA Nigeria team ensuring that all team members are clear on their roles and delivering on their objectives
- Sharing local learnings to help shape and strengthen the global TEGA operation
- Sharing learnings and opportunities with the other Girl Effect products to catalyse integration.
- Ensure TEGA in country is full understood and gets wide in country support from GEN Team and Country Director
- Oversee the TEGA Project Coordinator and have regular meetings to ensure that TEGA knowledge management is well maintained and updated
- Participate in all strategic and programme planning, budget reforecasting, training, team building and related activities of the Girl Effect Nigeria team and contribute to the overall development of the organisation.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 10 years managerial experience from either the technology or research sector.
- Proven experience and success in growing a new innovation / small operation into a successful, commercial business.
- Proven experience in global south / developing world.
- Ability to communicate and build strong relationships with senior stakeholders, clients and investors.
- Pioneers attitude: Thrives in being part of a pioneering team, who often break new ground and invent new and disruptive ways of working.
- Experience of managing a team
- A strategic thinker
- A motivational, thoughtful leader
- A collaborative team player;
- Culturally aware and respectful – curious and sensitive about the cultures in which we operate;
- Ability to work effectively in multicultural teams with varying expertise, skills and backgrounds;
- Adaptable – able to work in complex, unfamiliar and changing environments;
- Excellent critical analysis and thinking skills;
- Positive, energetic, can-do attitude;
- Clear interest in working in developing countries;
- Commitment to realizing the potential of girls and to the vision and values of Girl Effect.
Application Closing Date 1st September, 2017.