Springboard for Health Communication Jobs in Nigeria : Program Officer
Springboard for Health Communication, is recruinting suitably qualified candidates for a non-governmental organization, to fill the positionn below:
Job Title: Program Officer Ref Code: PO01 Responsible to: Senior Programme Officer Responsible for: Program Assistant Job Purpose
- To provide input to the demand generation activities for the organization.
- Support the behavior change communication program activities with an emphasis on working with partners and teams from various sites and across various projects to implement strategic behavior change interventions in Nigeria.
- Thematic areas will cut across health and areas of social development
- Provide technical assistance for the development of strategic communication plans and materials;
- Provide input into scopes of work for consultants and other communication work specifications;
- Facilitate the design and implementation of training and evaluation activities related to behavior change for example, interpersonal communication and counseling (IPC/C),
- Provide input to all aspects of Behavior Change Communication (BCC) strategy development, implementation and evaluation activities including communication initiatives, mass media, community/social mobilization, health provider interpersonal communication, materials development and training
- Support the development, implementation and coordination of mass media materials,
- Assist in the planning, development, coordination, and implementation of BCC materials
- Liaise with staff to oversee the development and coordination of demand generation and BCC activities especially at the selected communities;
- Use research data and information to inform programmatic directions and decision making;
- Review research and media reports to inform programmatic directions and decision making;
- Participate in strategic planning to identify innovative program approaches that respond to changing priority areas and other conditions;
- Provide proactive program management to ensure timely compliance with project milestones;
- Identify and recommend innovative program approaches in according to changing priority areas and other conditions;
- Provide timely and accurate budget and activity reports in adherence to the agreed frequency or schedule
- In line with CCPN’s directives, contribute to the design of realistic and effective monitoring mechanisms for communication activities and liaise to arrange for consultation and technical assistance as appropriate;
- Collaborate and liaise with the key stakeholders to exchange best BCC practices
- Liaise and coordinate with media unit to ensure visibility and promotion of project activities using conventional and new media in line with donor branding requirements.
- Represent the CCPN in technical working group meetings;
- Write reports and document success stories relating to the project interventions; and
- Liaise with other CCPN financial and administrative staff as appropriate; and
- Perform other duties as considered necessary.
Education and Experience
- Masters degree (M.A., MHS, MPH) or equivalent, and/or 5 to 10 years relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have demonstrated experience working international donor public health related projects.
- Significant experience in designing, managing communication programs designed to improve access to quality services
- Significant understanding and/or experience in program development, evaluation and assessment.
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team and effectively culturally diverse individuals and communities.
- Project management qualification would be an added advantage
- Flexibility to travel throughout Nigeria
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with the ability to think and act strategically in the design and execution of public health and social development programs.
- Solid leadership experience in convening and facilitating meetings with diverse populations and communities.
- Solid experience in implementing behavior change communication
- Demonstrated effectiveness in written and oral communications. The ability to communicate complex issues to a variety of audiences.
- Advanced independent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Power point) and Internet searches
- English fluency (oral and written)
- Ability to speak one of the major Nigerian local; languages would be an advantage
Application Closing Date 6th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s of no more than 3 sides of A4 (in a standard CV format) including at least two references, as well as a cover letter (max 1 side A4) stating the suitability for the position to: email@example.com . Note
- Application emails must indicate the post reference code in the subject line. Applications with CV’s and cover letters should carry full names of applicant.
- Applications received after this time will not be considered.
- If you have not received a response by 17 November 2017, please consider that you were not successful at this time.