Springboard for Health Communication Jobs In Nigeria : Social Media Officer
Springboard for Health Communication, is recruinting suitably qualified candidates for a non-governmental organization, to fill the positionn below: Job Title: Social Media Officer
Ref. Code: SMO01 Purpose
- To administer the organisation’s social media marketing and advertising.
- Deliberate planning and goal setting evolving from a coherent social media strategy. Development of brand awareness and online reputation as well as content management in consultation with program team. Search engine optimization (SEO) and generation of inbound traffic
Accountabilities Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Develop an overarching social media strategy which aligns with organization’s strategic direction and project activities
- Develop relevant content topics to reach the organization’s target customers.
- Create visual content from savvy designs using infographics, photos and data in a unique and compelling way that presents the insights. Some of these tasks will include a strategy for web development and making the online interfaces user friendly and appealing
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales.
- Conduct online advocacy and open a stream for cross-promotions especially across projects and events.
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Instagram, Blog, etc.).
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns.
- Manage efforts in building online reviews and reputation. Monitor online reviews and respond to each review.
- Develop and execute a promotion strategy in adherence with requisite approval and embark on deliberate efforts to promote and engage the online community
- Interface with media team on conventional news promotion and ensure synergy with online events
- Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed.
- Compile reports for management showing results (ROI). In consultation with the program team, identify key performance indicators such as audience profile/growth, engagement, content reach, feedback (positive and or negative) etc
- Provide inputs to Knowledge Management including Corporate Communication component of the organization (development of case studies, success stories, newsletters, contribution to the website, support reply to requests from programme partners, etc.).
- Liaise frequently with M and E to ensure best practice communication measurements
- Degree/qualification in Journalism, Mass communication or equivalent up to 4 years’ work experience in a related sector.
- Previous experience serving as a social media officer with reputable track record to show
- Ability to work effectively in fast paced programme environment, and familiarity will local culture across regions in Nigeria
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills are required for this post
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work with a wide range of people, including public officials, the media, and consultants to deliver programme objectives
- Willingness to be flexible and prepared to contribute to the program and other duties as required.
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing. Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media. (Give links to profiles as examples).
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
- Enjoys a working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to the organizations area of interest.
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Exceeds at building and maintaining relationships, online and off.
- Practices superior time management.
- Is a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
- Makes evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social.”
- Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress.
- Demonstrates winning Social Customer Service techniques such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution.
- Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
- Become an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Demonstrate ability to map out a comprehensive marketing plan.
- Drive strategies that are proven by testing and metrics.
- Develop organizational elements in order to implement a proactive process for capturing happy, loyal customer online reviews.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Implement ongoing education to remain relevant
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the company. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
Application Closing Date 6th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s of no more than 3 sides of A4 (in a standard CV format) including at least two references, as well as a cover letter (max 1 side A4) stating the suitability for the position to: email@example.com Application emails must indicate the post reference code in the subject line. Applications with CVs and cover letters should carry full names of applicant
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- If you have not received a response by 17th November 2017, please consider that you were not successful at this time.