Survey Coordinator At The Association For Reproductive And Family Health (ARFH)
Job Title: Survey Coordinator (Operations Research in Tuberculosis Control & Management: Request for Short term Consultancy) Duration of assignment: 35 days
Job Description The Survey Coordinator will be an epidemiologist with experience in national/sub-national surveys and with at least 5 year experience in planning and conducting population-based surveys, preferably including health seekitig and mass communication. The survey coordiriator will:
- Reports to the prncipal investigator.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management of the survey
- Be actively involved in the design of the study
- Facilitate the development of survey protocol and tools
- Prepares training manual and study materials
- Trains team leaders and interviewers
- Supervises the work of data collection byteam leaders through periodic reports
- Supervises other survey team members to ensure strict compliance with survey implementation timeline.
- S/he must ensure that all survey activities are in compliance with approved survey protocol end that no breach of ethics is allowed during the exercise.
- Make presentations to relevant stakeholdars at vanous stages and milestones achievement of the survey
- S/hewill ensure timely preparation and submission of the survey report Support the preparation of publishable article in peer reviewed journal.
- Eligible candidate must possess at least a Master Degree in Public Health, Biostatislics, and Epidemiology. A PhD in related discipline will be an advantage.
- Must have at least 5-10 years experience in supervising and leading national or sub-national level surveys with particular relerence to Tuberculosis (This will also be an advantage).
- Possess strong analytical and writing skill including competency in use of statistical analytical software such as STATA, R. GIS and Microsoft office package.
- Familiarity with Nigeria Tuberculosis control program and Nigeria political social and cultural terrain is required.
- Must possess good leadership, communication and interpersonal relations and team spirit.
- Must be fluent in English language and communicate effectively. Fluency in another Nigerian language will be an advantage.
Application Closing Date 11th July, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their detailed Curriculum Vitae and application letter for this research opportunity, to: TBresearch_radio@arfh-ng.org Please reference the job title and reference code on the covering/application letter. only electronic applications are allowed for this job advert. Note
- All candidates must have good understanding of the country context and demonstrate familiarity with the Global Fund supported Tuberculosis grant in Nigeria. Candidates must demonstrate competency in supporting country’s research capacity and/or data use. All applicants for this position must include evidence of previous consultancies and honorarium rates in their submission. Applications received after the above mentioned closing date will not be accepted. Only successful candidates will be notified of the outcome by July 31st, 2017.
- No submission will be accepted after the closing date. No physical submission will be accepted.