Team Lead Job At Creative Associates International
Job Title: Team Lead
Requisition Number: 17-0270 Position Summary
- Creative is seeking a Team Lead for a U.K. Department for International Development (DFID)-funded project proposal that seeks to address corruption in Nigeria.
- The Team Lead is to be based in Abuja, Nigeria and will have overall management responsibility for the project.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position reports to the Program Director in the CIT Division or his designee.
- The Team Lead will be responsible for the technical leadership and in-country management of the project.
- S/he will oversee the long-term expatriate and local staff and short-term experts in achieving project results.
- S/he will undertake regular assessments of the broader political environment within which the project operates to ensure flexibility and rapid reprioritization of activities when necessary.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as principal liaison with U.K. Government representatives, Nigerian government counterparts and community stakeholders on program communications and technical implementation activities.
- Provide technical direction and leadership and oversight of all administrative matters.
- Provide technical support to the team in all program areas.
- Develop and implement work plans for project activities.
- Oversee implementation of project monitoring and evaluation activities and ensure that project results are met.
- Supervise development and submission of project deliverables and provide timely and accurate reporting and briefings to U.K. Government/Stakeholders on all program areas.
- Ensure compliance with all terms of the project contract and all relevant DFID and U.K. Government rules and regulations.
- Oversee implementation of Creative’s security protocols and provide leadership in handling security-related issues.
- Manage the program team in a manner that is open and respectful and encourages professional development, and solicits constructive staff input.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- At least 10 years’ experience as a team lead, chief of party or similar in a related management role.
- At least 8-10 years of relevant experience working for a DFID Contractor or international NGO; at least 5 of which should be in a supervisory capacity.
- Previous experience working in the region.
- Familiarity and experience working with U.K. Government.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing program start-up and close-out.
- 3-5 years of experience working with anti-corruption programming, rule of law initiatives, and organizational development with local organizations.
- Experience with activity design, development, implementation and comprehensive monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical capacity.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience working with citizen engagement and oversight of political processes, especially as they relate to anti-corruption.
- Experience working with partnership organizations, especially civil society organizations and/or government agencies.
- Experience in producing publishable material on anti-corruption.
- Experience in developing survey tools and working with focus groups.
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field.
Application Closing Date 30th September, 2017.
How to Apply
- Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Position contingent upon donor funding.
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.