Technical Specialist – Web development & Implementation At McOlay Concepts International
McOlay Concepts International is an ICT Solutions Company. We are a team of passionate ICT enthusiasts around the world, dedicated to making the internet a better place. At McOlay Concepts International, our focus area is web design, digital marketing, Virtual Reality and Content Management Software.
We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Technical Specialist – Web development & Implementation Job Description
- McOlay Concepts International is seeking an experienced Web development & Implementation Technical Specialist. This is a newly created role.
- This role is responsible for driving the technology activities for the organization including software configuration, web developmentand development of websites using the following for our ecommerce platforms (WordPress, Magento, Open Cart, Joomla and Pretashop).
Position Summary This role has three distinct responsibilities:
- Work alongside a team to develop and maintain all websites for our clients and serve as the technical lead for system implementation and software configuration
- In-house web development – create website pages and build site functionality as needed.
- Drive the technical execution of our new eCommerce platform at a tactical level. Manage the software development & deliverables when outside agencies/vendors are involved.
- As part of the Web design and development team, you will work with our website platform clients (Old and New), internal IT and business teams to design and maintain Website (Old and New) sites
- Configure, set up and maintain our eCommerce website platform. Coordinate technical work with the eCommerce platform client, internal IT
- Website development – Develop website pages, and email templates(Email Marketing) from design files provided by our in-house designer.
- Develop, test, and document page templates in our CMS. Maintain and enhance existing website features. Troubleshoot and resolve HTML/CSS/JS code issues
- Create web components such as forms, call-to-action buttons and navigation menus that foster user engagement and conversion optimization.
- Manage web related projects such as the website redesign and eCommerce shop enhancements to significantly improve customer engagement and online revenue.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology.
- 3-5 years of technical experience in software configuration, system integration and web development. At least 3-5 years of that should be in building professional websites including system configuration, coding, testing and post-launch support.
- Must be able to code professionally or have demonstrated a strong interest in self-learning web development frameworks.
- Experience with content management platforms such as WordPress, Magento, Open Cart, Joomla, Drupal
- Great communication skills working with vendors and offshore teams
Desired Education, Experience, Skills:
- Great technical and problem-solving skills
- Must be self-motivated and have a strong desire to learn about web development technologies and frameworks
- Ability to learn complex things quickly
- Strong collaboration skills in working with the vendor’s technical staff and business users.
- Knowledge of web analytics and Marketing automation tools (Pardot) is a plus
- Demonstrates a high level of competence and passion for UI/UX principles and a comprehensive understanding of site usability.
Application Closing Date 20th August, 2017.
How to Apply