TEGA Project Manager Vacancy At Girl Effect Nigeria
Job Title: TEGA Project Manager Department: Project Management Detailed Description
- We’re currently looking for an experienced Project Manager to ensure TEGA is safely and efficiently operated in existing regions in Nigeria, with efficient management of delivery to multiple internal and external clients.
- Technology Enabled Girl Ambassadors (TEGA)s are currently active in 5 countries – Nigeria, Rwanda, Malawi, India and the US. This year TEGA is also launching into Bangladesh. With the exception of Nigeria, these networks are new and predominantly serving Girl Effect’s internal research needs.
- Nigeria is TEGA’s most established network, with TEGA operations present in Kano, Borno and Lagos. The strategy moving forward is to turn these networks into busy, commercially successful research operations, serving the needs of like-minded development and private sector organisations.
- TEGA’s key FY18 objective will be to localise and implement TEGA’s global FY18 strategy.
- The TEGA Project Manager will play a key role in making this happen, by helping to evolve the TEGA Nigeria operations into established commercially successful operations serving the research needs of Girl Effect and like-minded, mission aligned external partners from the public and private sectors.
- The TEGA Project Manager will be responsible for the day to day running of the TEGA operations. Specifically:
Project and Account Management:
- Implement the local account management process
- Ensure TEGA’s internal and external project targets are met
- Account manage TEGA’s partners, ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Support the Project Officer with procurement and management of consultants/ vendors, external and internal partners who want to conduct research through the TEGA networks.
- Support the Project Officer in the contract management process on Salesforce from preparation and signing through to invoicing and payment.
- Assist with lead generation and project manage new business pitches
- Track teams, agencies and local partners’ deliverables and flag to team if they are off track in terms of timeframe and/or budget
- If required, field visits to sites to support coordination and organization of TEGA research projects and/or training.
- Maintain and update comprehensive files including profile information of all partners and ensure that all relevant partner documents are uploaded to and easily accessible on the Google Drive.
Support and Coordination:
- Organise and lead project meetings, logistics, team attendance and note taking (for internal and external projects)
- Support Senior TEGA Manager, on budget development and management
- New research location process management in collaboration with other team members
- Conduct Local Partner recruitment process for new locations in Nigeria.
- Facilitate continued and open lines of communication across the Girl Effect Team and Products (Girls Connect, Springster, other) to ensure information sharing and informed decision making to take advantage of synergistic (and ‘value for money’) opportunities.
- Participate in all strategic and programme planning, budget reforecasting, training, team building and related activities of the Girl Effect Nigeria team and contribute to the overall development of the organisation.
- Adherence to Girl Effect Global policies and procedures as well as their Code of Conduct
- Comprehensive knowledge/document management in relation to all clients/partners with regular (at least monthly) uploads to the Google Drive to include partner profile data, proposals, reports, MoUs and so on.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years project / account management experience ideally within the research or technology sector
- Ability to communicate and build strong relationships with senior stakeholders, parents and investors.
- Pioneers attitude: Thrives in being part of a pioneering team, who often break new ground and invent new and disruptive ways of working.
- Highly organised and process driven
- Strong work ethic with follow through to task/project completion
- A collaborative team player;
- Culturally aware and respectful – curious and sensitive about the cultures in which we operate;
- Ability to work effectively in multicultural teams with varying expertise, skills and backgrounds;
- Adaptable – able to work in complex, unfamiliar and changing environments;
- Excellent critical analysis and thinking skills;
- Positive, energetic, can-do attitude;
- Clear interest in working in developing countries;
- Commitment to realizing the potential of girls and to the vision and values of Girl Effect.
Application Closing Date 1st September, 2017.