Treatment Support Officer At The Centre For Integrated Health Programs (CIHP)
The Centre for Integrated Health Programs (CIHP) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization established to promote better health outcomes for all Nigerians through creation of strong and sustainable health systems. The organization evolved from Columbia University’s International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs (ICAP) in 2011 and has continued to support family-focused, comprehensive high-quality, HIV/AIDS care and treatment activities in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Treatment Support Officer
Code: CSU-11 Unit: Clinical Services
- The incumbent will support the provision of Psychosocial support for special populations- KP, Adolescent, peer navigation and linkages & community ART and care and support; ensures that the health facility and community based care team (nurses/Peer Health Educators) provide quality, comprehensive health education and information on Adherence and Psychosocial support services through the state based Care and Support Associate.
- The job holder will also develop and implement strategies to improve ART Adherence and retention in care including differentiated care models (both facility and community based) including adolescent care.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Degree in Nursing, Public Health, Social Sciences or a related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience working on international health issues including HIV/AIDS counseling and testing programs in international or resource poor settings.
Candidates are expected to possess:
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, with high impact influencing and persuasive skills and able to represent the organization to donors and partners
- Good experience of using Ms. Word, Excel or applicable software related to position
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Application Closing Date 20th September, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and a suitability statement of not more than 200 words as a Microsoft Word attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the email should be the JOB CODE and the applicant’s FULL NAME e.g. MSS-02 – John Bull.Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.