Truck Driver Job At KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international Non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the most deadly infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Truck Driver
Purpose of the Position
- The main responsibility of the truck driver is to drive and maintain a truck used for mobile active case finding (ACF) for TB in communities across selected states in Nigeria.
- The driver will also ensure the safety of the truck and the equipment inside it and perform routine support services necessary for an effective ACF exercise.
- The driver reports the Active Case Finding Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities The truck driver will:
- Convene the ACF truck and equipment to the ACF sites
- Daily inspection and maintenance of the vehicle
- Keep vehicles clean at all times
- Keep a logbook
- Register fuel consumption in logbook and on purchase receipts
- Submit a monthly vehicle maintenance report
- Update vehicles particulars
- Ensure safety of equipment in the truck
- Provide support to the ACF exercise including ensuring orderliness at the sites of ACF
- Perform other work as directed by the ACF Coordinator
Who are we looking for?
- Completed Secondary Education and at least 5 years of experience in a similar job
- Good interpersonal skills and English communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work in a team
- Serve as a team player and exhibit traits of courtesy, cooperation, respect and customer service
- Capable of working well under pressure.
What do we offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract. Depending on funding and performance
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application Closing Date 31st July, 2017.
How to Apply
Note: We only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website.