UNHCR Jobs in Nigeria : Senior Supply Assistant
UNHCR was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Supply Assistant
Vacancy No: 2017/VA/022
- The Senior Supply Assistant provides support supply to all local activities pertaining to the supply chain function including planning, sourcing, transport, shipping, customs clearance and warehousing in the operation.
- The incumbent is supervised by the Supply Officer who provides regular guidance.
- S/he works independently on routine tasks while follows instructions of the supervisor or more complex issues.
- The incumbent maintains regular contact on a working level on routine issues with other UNHCR offices, UN agencies, NGOs, government partners and commercial contractors in the area to facilitate the operation.
- The duty of the incumbent is to support the management of material resources within the geographical area covered by the office while exercising efficiency in the use of those resources.
Responsibilities The incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
- Apply UNHCR’s procurement strategy when planning for purchase of important commodities and services.
- Initiate custom clearance of consignments, draft exemption requests, and liaise with local agent.
- Support warehouse management, and assist with planning and goods deliveries, and provide information on the status of requests and the availability of items in the supply chain.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records on logistical activities and provide reports and updates periodically, and on request.
- Examine Purchase Requests to ensure conformity and liaise with requesters.
- Prepare quotation requests and tenders, produce bid-tabulations from tenders, prepare submission to the contract committee as appropriate and prepare Purchase orders for approval.
- Dispatch approved Purchase Orders, and follow-up with the delivery of ordered commodities and services. Follow up with Finances for prompt payment of vendors.
- Assist in managing Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE) as well as Serially Tracked Items (STI) effectively according to UNHCR rules and regulation including registration and marking of new PPE, Physical verification of PPE, preparation of agreements, preparation of disposal forms (including submissions to LAMB/AMB), and assistance with disposal of PPE and STI.
- Produce standard asset management reports and other asset information, periodically and when requested.
- Maintain accurate data and filing in all relevant business systems. Compile statistical information on supply chain related matters that will assist in decision making.
Essential Minimum Qualifications
- Completion of the Secondary School Education with post-secondary Training/Certificate in Business Administration, Logistics, Warehousing or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of previous relevant job experience.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language and/or local language.
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position such as the Supply Chain Learning Programme (SCLP).
- Computer skills (MS Office and/or PeopleSoft/MSRP).
- Experience in procurement
- Experience in customs formalities.
- Experience in logistics, transport or warehousing.
Application Closing Date Not Specified.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications following the procedures outlined below: Internal Candidates Staff members who wish to be considered for this position should complete and attach a UN Personal History Form(P11) to their written application and send it via email ONLY to: email@example.com quoting in the subject line the vacancy number and title of the position. External Candidates External candidates should submit their application/letter of motivation, resume as well as fully completed and signed UN Personal History Form (P11) which can be downloaded from HERE and send via email ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting in the subject line the above vacancy notice number and title of the position. Click Here to Download UN Personal History Form (P11) – MS Word Note
- There is no need to send other certificates with the application at this stage.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Please ensure that you use the attached P11 form for your application
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged.