The World Bank Jobs In Nigeria : Security Specialist
Background The World Bank is a vital source of financial and technical assistance to developing countries around the world. We are not a bank in the ordinary sense but a unique partnership to reduce poverty and support development. The World Bank Group (WBG) comprises five institutions managed by their member countries. Established in 1944, the World Bank Group is headquartered in Washington, D.C. The WBG employs more than 14,000 employees in more than 120 offices worldwide.
- The position of Security Specialist – Nigeria will be in the World Bank Country Office in Abuja, Nigeria to support WBG operations. The incumbent will be one of two security specialists responsible for the security programs of the Abuja Country Office and International Finance Corporation office in Lagos, Nigeria.
- The position will be the senior in-country security position within the Corporate Security (GSDRS) division of the General Services Department (GSD) of the World Bank Group (WBG).
- The incumbent will report to, and receive support and direction from, the Head of Global Operations through the Senior Security Specialist for West and Central Africa (AFWC) based in Dakar, Senegal.
- The incumbent will advise and consult and report to the Country Director in the IBRD and IFC Offices of responsibility and will discharge his/her assignment under the direct authority and guidance of both managers.
- The incumbent will serve in a full-time capacity and on-call for emergencies.
- After the initial assignment and assessment period the incumbent will remain based in Abuja but may be responsible for the oversight of security of other AFWC countries and offices.
- Those duties and responsibilities will be determined by Corporate Security Senior Management.
- The incumbent may be required to provide occasional back-up support to WBG Country Offices and Security Specialists in the AFWC region and other regions, which will require travel on short notice.
- The duties of the Country Security Specialist are to provide security support to WBG Country Office management and staff in the following areas: a) security risk management; b) security awareness; c) contingency planning; d) protective operations; e) guard force contract management; f) advise staff on residential security; g) provide 24-hour on call emergency security support to WBG Country Office staff.