Writer/ Editor Recruitment Job Vacancy At Reboot Nigeria
Reboot is a social impact firm dedicated to inclusive development and accountable governance. We help governments, foundations, and international organizations achieve their missions.
We are seeking highly skilled fellows to fill the position below:
Job Title: Writer/ Editor
- This position offers a unique opportunity to learn about and contribute to programmatic work and capacity development in a regional office of a dynamic and growing social impact firm.
- We are looking for candidates that are passionate about the issues Reboot works on and want to make the world a more habitable place.
- Fellows should be strong communicators and collaborators, with experience leading project teams and interfacing with clients.
- This is a 12-month commitment based at our office in Abuja, with travel within Nigeria, and potentially across Africa. The fellow will receive a monthly stipend, visa sponsorship, and accommodation for the duration of the fellowship.
- Offers will be extended in April 2018.
Responsibilities The fellow will support the delivery of existing media development and governance support programs, and grow the capacity and portfolio of our West Africa office:
- Lead and contribute to the production of project reports, including narrative reports that capture research findings and opportunities as well as technical project reporting, such as annual project reports.
- Lead and contribute to the production of external-facing communications, including production process management, outlining, brainstorming, content editing, copy editing, strategy, and other support.
- Develop and contribute to external communications processes, including new processes for pitching external publications and supporting media pitching when feasible.
- Contribute to Reboot’s advocacy work by publishing articles and blog posts, speaking or attending events, contributing to Reboot’s online presence, and giving talks or lectures.
- Contribute to the production of project proposals for opportunities that align with Reboot’s development targets and your expertise and background.
Requirements The ideal candidate:
- 3 or more years of relevant professional experience (whether research, writing and/or designing social impact programs)
- An advanced degree in a relevant field (e.g. anthropology, sociology, design, economics, etc.).
- Education or experience in international development, governance, media development, or public policy.
- Knowledge of specific domains including open government, media development, social innovation, public relations, and public service delivery (e.g. health, financial inclusion, education) is a plus.
- Experience conducting research (with a focus on emerging markets), ideally for both public interest institutions (governments, NGOs, and think tanks) and private sector organizations.
- Professionalism and client services orientation.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints. Can multitask with ease and adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Written and spoken fluency in English; preference will be given to candidates fluent in French and/or Hausa.
- High-level of cultural competency; prior experience living and working in multiple countries-especially in West Africa-preferred, but not required.
- Self-starter. Appreciation of complexity. Comfort with ambiguity. Sense of humor.
Application Closing Date 15th January, 2018.
How to Apply
- What does Africa’s media ecosystem need more of and why?
- “Open Data” and “Open Government” are often conflated. Which is more important in West Africa?
- What public service in Nigeria is in need of a redesign and why?