FHI 360 Job Vacancy : Project Director
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Project Director-RANA
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Project Director will be responsible for overall coordination of technical, programmatic and financial management responsibilities on the project
- S/He will be the primary liaison with UNICEF and/or any future funder, government and other high-level partners, providing frequent updates on project performance.
- S/He will manage the day to day activities of the project country office, as well as overall management, coordination, and oversight of the project across states. S/He will also work closely with the project team to set the technical vision for the entire project, with specific attention to meeting set goals based on project design and work plan and will also directly oversee the state team leads, technical leads, and program/ finance staff.
- The Project Director will have final responsibility for ensuring that project implementation activities are carried out on time and on budget.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master’s or Ph.D in at least one of the following fields: Education with a specialty in Reading and Literacy Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Elementary Teacher Education, Education Policy, Linguistics, Gender or other relevant international development field with bias towards education, gender and development is required
- At least 10 years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with education programs/projects in a resource-limited setting
- At least 5 of these years must be in a management/leadership position
- At least 5 years of experience in the education sector in Sub-Saharan Africa, either in Nigeria or West Africa
- Experience in education in conflict-affected, alternative, and rural settings
- Fluency in Hausa language is an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Required professional proficiency and fluency in written and spoken English
- Preferred proficiency in Hausa is preferred, but not required
- Technical understanding of education issues in conflict-affected, alternative, and rural settings
- Budgeting, financial management, and policies and procedures oversight experience
- Demonstrated public relations and diplomacy skills required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build positive local working relationships with local communities, district government officials, UN and where appropriate, donor representatives
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application Online : Click Here