Head, Human Resources Jobs at Suburban Fiber Company Limited
Suburban is a Next Generation Carrier, with a smart and efficient network that spans the West Africa region region using the newest technologies such as IP, MPLS and Wi Max. Suburban is playing a significant role in the growth of internet penetration in West Africa by increasing the wholesale internet connectivity in Nigeria by over 800% over the last 2 years.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head, Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: CEO
- To develop and provide HR strategy and plans, supporting business objectives, strategic goals and HR initiatives.
- To plan, direct, coordinate and monitor the timely and efficient execution of Suburban’s human resources activities to maximise the strategic position of HR.
- To develop and maintain professional relationships with business unit heads, in order to identify and attend to their human resources needs.
- To drive continuous improvement and cultural change initiatives the monthly performance appraisal system
- To ensure the provision and development of adequately motivated employees for the achievement of Company’s goals
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide overall strategic direction for the HR function by developing and implementing HR strategy and plans
- Develop HR policies to ensure they are relevant, responsive, up-to-date and properly understood organisation-wide
- Plan and forecast the company’s workforce requirement in liaison with business unit heads, and oversee the tracking and monitoring of Suburban’s organisation structure and manning levels
- Develop job descriptions for identified jobs with input from process owners, update job description of existing jobs (where required) and determine grading of new jobs
- Champion the formulation and effective implementation of recruitment strategies and plans to identify, select, hire and retain the best talent to meet the manpower needs of Suburban.
- Identify employee competency requirements, learning and development requirements and establish programs to bridge gaps identified
- Oversee the design and implementation of appropriate employee reward policies and programs to enable Suburban attract and retain the best talent
- Ensure accurate and timely payroll processing, and authorise salary disbursement to staff organisation-wide
- Manage the careers of company’s workforce, and ensure proper balance between personal and organisational goals in alignment with the HR policies
- Oversee implementation of Suburban’s performance management system to ensure it is objective, equitable, transparent and merit-driven
- Manage staff disciplinary issues/appeals and grievance issues
- Custodian of employee records
- Responsible for organisation development
- Establish and maintain a framework to foster regular organisational communication within and across functions and locations organisation-wide
- Oversee and coordinate the accurate maintenance of staff records
- Direct and supervise the efficient operation of the HRIS application
- Act as the main point of contact and coordinate the activities of third-party Service Providers (HR) to Suburban
- Develop and monitor the HR budget
- Build and maintain a high performance culture through effective performance management, communication and coaching of staff
- Review activity reports to determine progress and status in achieving objectives and revise objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions
- Instil ethos, values and Suburban West Africa culture in staff.
- Evaluate performance of departments/units for compliance with established policies and objectives of the Company and contributions in attaining objectives.
- Define and agree targets as well as monitor and evaluate the performance of all direct reports on a timely basis.
- 3-5 years’ experience required
- Second class upper division (2.1)
Application Closing Date
26th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org